Respected Contributor

I Looked Into My Car Mirror And Was Horrified!!

I usually get in the car put on my sunglasses and go. But, yesterday I  looked into the mirror to put on my lipstick and couldn't believe my face!! it has a lot of brown spots that I never see in my bathroom mirror!! I have worn sunscreen all of my life and couldn't believe my face. But, I have a magnifying 10X that I use in my bathroom and never shows this!! Could the car mirror be wrong! If not I need recommendations for Fade Cream STAT!!

HeLP!!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Looked Into My Car Mirror And Was Horrified!!

@cuddlesmama wrote:

I usually get in the car put on my sunglasses and go. But, yesterday I  looked into the mirror to put on my lipstick and couldn't believe my face!! it has a lot of brown spots that I never see in my bathroom mirror!! I have worn sunscreen all of my life and couldn't believe my face. But, I have a magnifying 10X that I use in my bathroom and never shows this!! Could the car mirror be wrong! If not I need recommendations for Fade Cream STAT!!

HeLP!!

I don’t know what you can do about those spots but I have stopped looking in any mirror that has great lighting.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama wrote:

HeLP!!

hah avoid mirrors!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

@cuddlesmama 

Maybe your foundation was hiding things in your bathroom mirror...?

There are home remedies that supposedly treats brown spots. I've heard of soy milk already. Anything acidic. (Other than professional treatments.)

Esteemed Contributor

@cuddlesmama   IPL at a Drs office will remove the brown spots caused by sun damage. It's very expensive but it works. It's Intence pulced light. 

Respected Contributor

You know what they say.....

"Objects in mirror are closer (browner, larger, darker, ) than they appear"!!!!!

Take the other advice....don't look in mirrors!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Whenever I get in my vehicle, I pull down the mirror for a quick check. I'm always amazed at the difference in my skin's tone and texture, with natural lighting. My makeup application sometimes surprises me, as well. Too much, or too little.   

Makeup mirrors today can wash the face out, particularly with the LED light, which is almost blinding. I honestly think they're not good for the eyes, particularly when they leave a positive afterimage of the light for several seconds after turned off.  

I have a friend who has attached a magnified mirror to her patio slider door, that always gets good light.  It makes sense to me, for us to see ourselves as others will be seeing us, when out and about.  Either that, or we need to never go out until after dark Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Natural daylight has multiple bands of UV which, when on skin, can greatly display skin discolorations. This is the same concept used at some derms' offices where they use a special (UV) light to see just beneath the surface of the skin and iit shows where the sun damage is located...it shows dark spots which are not visible with the naked eye. In daylight, however, sometimes you can see more of the dark spots because of the light source.

Honored Contributor

Windex that mirror.

Honored Contributor

@cuddlesmama @AuntG @SilleeMee 

I notice that even well-known actresses on tv have this problem....lighting.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~