Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Just Have to Say It--I Love Nordstrom

Nordstrom is reporting 1st quarter earnings after the market closes tomorrow May 12. Analysts are anticipating a big drop is sales for the 1st quarter which is why the Nordstrom stock has been down.

http://www.jobsnhire.com/articles/42706/20160511/nordstrom-stock-drops-major-fall-expected-in-compan...

Here's one article but just google Nordstrom news. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Purchase most of my MU through Nordies and QVC. Nordstrom also price matches all Sephora sales without a hierarchy of who can participate in the sale. When I was really into philosophy actually had Representative that would e-mail me if she had new kits, save products for me,  send me specials, send me samples of new products just so I could try it out. It was awesome to have that contact. Also had a Laura Mercier rep do the same. Best customer service around and a lot of companies could learn from them. 

They used to also alter the clothes you purchased there if it was requested. Don't know if  its still a perk or you have to have their card?

Super Contributor

I absolutely ❤️ Nordstroms!  Very nice things at different price points.  Customer service is excellent. It's my go to store for most of my shopping whether it's a gift or just for me.

I am bummed they are no longer with Mr. Rebates.

Trusted Contributor

I love Nordies! Been shopping there a long time.  Anniversary sale is coming in July. Great customer service and never a problem with price matching.  If I have a choice,Nordstrom is number 1.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Nordstrom is class, all the way!!

I discovered them when I lived on the West Coast over 20 years ago.

Customer service is incredible:  a girlfriend's right foot was much smaller than her left foot and Nordstrom is the only place that sold her different size shoes for her feet at no extra cost.  She only paid price for 1 pair.

Also, had to buy pants for my son for his communion (he was 8 yrs old at the time) and Nordstrom Men's Dept. sent up a tailor and did alterations at no cost.  Unlike Macy's (previously Marshall Field & Co) when my son (now in his 20's) needed to buy a sports jacket and I stupidly asked about having the tailor come over to make alterations.  No tailor on staff.  Gosh, I SO miss Marshall Field & Co!!

Nordstrom store in Northern California just exuded a luxurious feeling.  Loved the piano playing while you shopped. 

Respected Contributor

i go to nordstrom before i shop anywhere else first.  they have it all.  customer service, free ship, etc.  my charge card shows it!

Respected Contributor

Nordies is the best!  The choice of 3 free samples with every beauty item order has led me to some of my fave beauty products.  Free shipping - can't beat that!

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Super Contributor

Also wanted to mention that a couple years ago I signed up for their credit card, which I chose to have a debit credit card.  No interest & I accumulate points which leads them to send me 

"notes".  Just recently used my accumulated points, same as cash.  

I love when companies reward customers with something that is so useful.  Like someone up thread said, class all the way!

Honored Contributor

I also love Nordstroms, have shopped with them for years.  Love the B & M stores but will shop on line.  I just love walking through their departments....  I miss that here... we don't have a Nordstroms .... Woman Sad

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

Up until the past few years, I didn't buy more than 6 or 8 items a year from Nordstrom.

now, I do a lot of my shopping there.  Most of the items I purchase are either from Anthropologie, Lllemon, j crew or Nordstrom !

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"