Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Found An Avon Book In My Driveway

@SXMGirl  I love to try new products too but with the discovery of Mario's products this will be my skincare for life.  Sorry I did not know about it sooner.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Katcat1  I find that I always go back to Tatcha (used to be Perricone), but I also am using Beekman 1802 serum, night and day creams, and eye cream.  I am also using Midnight Recovery from Kiehl's.  When  I lived in the islands a long time ago, I always used the Midnight Recovery at night.  Now, I mix it with 1802 night cream.  Like I said, I use everything, but nothing that costs as much as those new Avon products.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

Bless you for taking care of those cats, @SXMGirl.

So wonderful that you are helping those cats @SXMGirl .

Esteemed Contributor

I use a few Avon products but never saw the much higher priced products they seem to have now.  

Avon has BOGO sales so I watch for those when I need something.  Their glycolic acid pads are very good.

Esteemed Contributor

Fourth four, actually 50 years ago, I sold Avon door to door as a third part time job, while being a single mom with 3 small babies. 

Avon and sewing during the week and Cocktail waitress at a high-end restauranat on weekends, made great tips.  Got us through. Avon was fun. Safe going door to door then and met neighbors.  You could not sell out of  the territory assigned to you. 

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

Sigh. Talk about a trip down memory lane. For years and as long as it was made I only wore Cotillion fragrance. I adored it and really sad when it was discontinued.

And my favorite blush of all time, and I'm 72, was a stick blush and the color was Roses, Roses. It was perfect on me and I still miss it, silly I know.

I don't think that it's silly at all, to miss certain Avon products.

There are certain things that they made that were favorites of mine too, that I used to love that aren't around anymore.

They'll create a perfume or other product for awhile, and then it gets discontinued, unfortunately.

Years ago, they made a very pretty Apple Blossom cologne, and also a very pretty Hawaiian Ginger cologne. 

Honored Contributor

you can scroll through the pages of the latest one on their website.  I used to get the hard copy all the time from a church member but she stopped selling it after awhile.  Then for a few months there would be new ones in our ladies room in the building where I work.  I did not recognize the name of the lady written on the back with her phone number.

Mom always used Avon and sold it for a long time when I was growing up.  The 70's were all Avon calling.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Meh. Pass . They test on

Spoiler

animals.Smiley Mad

Frequent Contributor

Wasn’t his skincare and some makeup items on HSN before? I recall using a few items maybe 10 years ago? I thought the line was out-of-business.

Thanks for the info! I will go check out Avon.