Super Contributor

Re: I Have Two Eyes, Two Legs...

I can not stand when the Tarte vendor calls customers Tartlets......speak like a grown up....it is not cute.
Frequent Contributor

Bella, most of us are cracking up and just relating. I think YOU need to get out of the house more. Lighten up, you may like it !

Respected Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Deeby said:

Bella, most of us are cracking up and just relating. I think YOU need to get out of the house more. Lighten up, you may like it !

Ever since I read that horrible post you wrote about a host one FNB not long ago I have a very hard time "relating".
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Troop_Angel said:

Yes! ITA! Here's one I can not stand: grandbaby. Whatever happened to grandchild, grandson, granddaughter??? I refuse to say these stupid words.

I have a friend who has two grandsons and he refers to them as his grandboys
...I cringe whenever he says that.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

Funny thread, so many cringe-worthy phrases out there!

Last night, Laura and host kept saying how baked products "started their life" as liquid. It probably wouldn't have bothered me, except they said it like 4 billion times. I'ts like saying that my chocolate chip cookies 'started their life' as dough. It got annoying/funny after a while.

Valued Contributor

Foodies and hoodies does it for me. Throwing on a top or sweater, I never throw on a piece of clothing. I also wear pants, not a pant. Small things I know, but irritating. Does anyone remember the meaning of a tart years ago? Tarte makeup reminds me of that.

Super Contributor

On 2/5/2014 Deeby said:

Since others post a rant once in awhile, here's mine: What's up with eye, pant, shoe and lip?

Last time I checked I had two eyes, two legs, two lips and my pantS have two legs. I wear TWO shoeS.

While I'm at it, if I read or hear yum or yummy one more time I'm gonna lose it ! Why are women talking like little girls? What's next, "Oooh nummy"?

The worst: Lippie. LIPPIE??? LIPPIE??? Why are adults talking baby talk? For me it's a massive turn off.

OK, I can sleep now...

I have two arms, two eyes, etc... and only 1 leg! I know what you mean though. By the way, I really have only one leg. ;-)

Honored Contributor

LOL, HD, you nailed it!

I, too, roll my eyes at these abbreviations, but one I haven't seen yet that really drives me nuts is "prolly" instead of correctly saying probably. I think it's just lazy.

Honored Contributor

I am turned off when one of the hosts or vendors is showing makeup and say that a certain model is "60 years young."

I am 76 years old, and I have earned the respect of being around a long time. I don't need anyone patronizing me by calling me "young" anything.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oh and how about "white." None of them can say "wear this with white" without saying "crisp." It has to be a "crisp, white shirt." I would be very uncomfortable wearing anything crisp.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986