Esteemed Contributor

Re: I HEARD BACK FROM SKINN ON THEIR FACE WIPES- I'm IMPRESSED!

@SahmIam wrote:

Regarding ingredients being banned via the EU:

There were many banned that consumers feel is foolish/stupid. It has made products that for decades were allowed in the UK become available no longer and that's not going over well. I know family members of mine are part of the crowd disputing specific ingredients and claiming that this isn't about public safety but $$$$.

The fact that I'm sending care packages of items no longer available there shows the demand for them hasn't wavered despite the ruling.

I do agree that there are ingredients that are banned in the EU that we still use here and there has actually been no conclusive studies showing it to be bad for skin. This isn't one of them. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

@nyc1 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

There were many banned that consumers feel is foolish/stupid. It has made products that for decades were allowed in the UK become available no longer and that's not going over well. I know family members of mine are part of the crowd disputing specific ingredients and claiming that this isn't about public safety but $$$$.

The fact that I'm sending care packages of items no longer available there shows the demand for them hasn't wavered despite the ruling.

@SahmIam   When I read about this additive on the boards and did a little reasearch,  I  found that it was something that I would prefer not to use, and since it was not used by other brands, felt compelled to send Skinn an email.  I love their wipes, but wanted more info as to why they added the MI.  I appreciated their  reply and the fact that they are in the process of taking this out of their skincare.  There is always room for knowledge and improvement.  How wonderful that they appreciate their customers enough to acknowledge an email with a reply other than the standard meaningless  form letter sent to everyone.  Bravo Skinn.

Agree with everything you said. The reason I posted what I did was because there are those who don't research ingredients; as soon as they hear "Oh it was banned in the EU" thy automatically jump on the band wagon and assume it must be a horrible and deadly thing.....not the case and often, it has nothing more to do than with politics. You DID research and chose to not use the ingredient for reasons that you see fit...bravo. 

Count me in as someone who is VERY surprised they got back to you; their record isn't the best when it comes to this. So again, bravo. I love the products I use by SKINN and hate to read negative press about them, especially when it comes to their CS. I sincerely hope you find wipes that do work for you in every way. : )

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@nyc1 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

@SahmIam   When I read about this additive on the boards and did a little reasearch,  I  found that it was something that I would prefer not to use, and since it was not used by other brands, felt compelled to send Skinn an email.  I love their wipes, but wanted more info as to why they added the MI.  I appreciated their  reply and the fact that they are in the process of taking this out of their skincare.  There is always room for knowledge and improvement.  How wonderful that they appreciate their customers enough to acknowledge an email with a reply other than the standard meaningless  form letter sent to everyone.  Bravo Skinn.

Agree with everything you said. The reason I posted what I did was because there are those who don't research ingredients; as soon as they hear "Oh it was banned in the EU" thy automatically jump on the band wagon and assume it must be a horrible and deadly thing.....not the case and often, it has nothing more to do than with politics. You DID research and chose to not use the ingredient for reasons that you see fit...bravo. 

Count me in as someone who is VERY surprised they got back to you; their record isn't the best when it comes to this. So again, bravo. I love the products I use by SKINN and hate to read negative press about them, especially when it comes to their CS. I sincerely hope you find wipes that do work for you in every way. : )

Couldn't agree more!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had a terrible rash from using that ingredient in Costco's brand (Kirkland) wipes and I'm not talking about face wipes.  Even had to go to the dr.  I contacted Costco and told them what happened to me and low and behold a few months later they took out that ingredient.  They must have gotten some other complaints.Even sent me large box of the Kirkland wipes for free.  I wouldn't be putting that on my face!

Honored Contributor

I think Athena is Dimitri's sister.

Honored Contributor

So you know...that ingredient is also in Skinn's Daily Defense Eyeshades product. 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

I don't buy any of his products that are made in China.