Honored Contributor

Re: I HATE sunscreen. Help..

@segrl21 wrote:

The sun gives off light even if there are clouds. Have oily skin and hated wearing sunscreen. As I've got older have decided to do it even though I dislike it. No reason to pay for expensive skincare, then not use the one thing that really prevents aging. No skin care product stops the wrinkles & sag but SPF does help prevent it. Like PC SPFs and love Josie's tinted moisturizer SPF 47. Also like Cliniques city block, its a SPF that also acts like a primer. Also, mix in my spf with my moisturizer or serums, it goes on less chalky. 

Or helps to prevent skin cancer!!

Respected Contributor

I would like to thank those that suggested Biore Japanese Sunscreen. I just put it in my cart so I will be adding this to my arsenal for my oustide skin care routine. I do work in an office for the bulk of the day, but do a great deal of outside activities and work, so I am always using sunscreen without makeup.
Respected Contributor

I just went to Ulta and searched for SPF.  I found several makeup setting sprays with SPF.  Coola   http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12131017

'

So they serve two purposes and layering all this SPF would seriously help you.  I haven't tried the one above, but the idea of them is awesome!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kwkelley wrote:

I've never been a fan of sunscreens either but after my father-in-law died of melanoma I decided I would make myself apply sunscreen daily. I always seemed to break out from them on my face. I told my dermatologist this and she gave me a sample of Elta MD tinted sunscreen. I LOVE it and just bought my second tube. It is a physical sunscreen and has a very light tint. There is no white cast at all. Hope you find a sunscreen you like because it is so important!

@kwkelley Elta has two tinted sunscreens and one is NOT just a physical sunscreen but a combo of both a physical and chemical sunscreen. Just an FYI for those of us who cannot use chemcial sunscreens! I am not sure what the exact name of the sunscreen you use is but if is the tinted one that actually has tinted in the name- UV Daily Tinted braod spectrum-than it actually does have chemical sunscreen in it as well.

Honored Contributor

Question to Everyone here .......

I can't find it now, but didn't  someone recommend a sunscreen towelette you can keep in your purse?   TIA!

Honored Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:

I just went to Ulta and searched for SPF.  I found several makeup setting sprays with SPF.  Coola   http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12131017

'

So they serve two purposes and layering all this SPF would seriously help you.  I haven't tried the one above, but the idea of them is awesome!

I have a deluxe sample of this I got in my birchbox but it has chemical sunscreen in it which usually irritates my skin. I wasn't going to try it but I think I will and see how it goes because I really like the idea too although I will still always use a regular SPF underneath everything but this is a great way to touch up  throughout the day instead of the powder SPF I usually use.

Respected Contributor

HappyDaze, let me know how it goes. It is also a setting spray and is supposed to prevent makeup from fading, so that is a two fer!
Trusted Contributor

@susan kay wrote:

I, also, hate sunscreen.  Last year I tried Josie Maran's moisturizer with SPF47.  I really like it.  Some of the reviews found it whitish or claulky, but  I didn't.  I just make sure to exfoliate before I use it, then kind of warm it in my palms.  The only thing that I might put on my face is a small amount of argan oil or rose hip oil on my cheeks before application.

I am also using this whenever I need to have a good sunscreen and since I am in AZ, that is most of the time. Really liking it. Mine is the one that is also a foundation .

Respected Contributor

I don't like sunscreen either, but wear it religiously.  My favorites that are not heavy or smelly are:

~ Paula's Choice Skin Recovery Daily Moisturizing Lotion SPF 30

~ EltaMD UV Physical Broad-Spectrum SPF 41

~ Kiss My Face Face Factor Sun Screen for Face and Neck, SPF 30

I've tried too many to count and this is my suggestion.  

Regular Contributor

Check out EWG or Beautypedia .....no sense using an ineffective one.....