Trusted Contributor

I hate sunscreen. I know we need to wear it but most feel like a mask. I just put Josie Maran today and I feel like I put on good skinscare and then I spoil it all with masky sunscreen. I feel like I want to go rewash my face. I am wearing Skinn products now. I need help with this. Is Skinn sunscreen that great? I see it says it's a serum which sounds like what I want. I don't want a cream. I started to try Supergoop ? but I don't need another product to add to my others I don't like. Tried drugstore as well as higher end products. Does a good sunscreen in a serum type, not goopy feeling, exist? This is for days don't wear makeup which is 99% of the time. I am older and have sun damaged skin from tanning and then not wearing sunscreen. Ugh.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I HATE sunscreen. Help..

I can't stand all of that "stuff" on my face and my skin always revolts against it. I found Dr.Denese day cream which is a sunscreen, moisturizer and neutrilizing cream all in one. I wear this 50% of the time as my make-under, put on omascara and lipstick and I'm out the door. It is also good for the skin. I also could see a difference in my skin.  

Honored Contributor

There are also spray suncreens out there, which I've used.  I've closed my eyes, sprayed and let it totally dry before applying my make up.  With having had many pre-cancerous areas burned off my face, this was a good alternative for me.... but frankly, I use the creams too but have to have an SPF of over 50 to be effective....  good luck in your hunt.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

Why don't you try Paula's Choice moisturizers with SPF.  15% and free shipping.  Skin Balancing Ultra Sheer Daily Defense is one of them as well as two others depending on your skin type.  Her products are guaranteed for 60 days, no animal testing, no color and fragrance free.  I don't recommend using a sunscreen for the body as they are thick.  You will get some benefits with a moisturizer and SPF together.  She does have a spray sunscreen with 45 SPF which you could use if you spray in your hands and put on your face.

Trusted Contributor

I, also, hate sunscreen.  Last year I tried Josie Maran's moisturizer with SPF47.  I really like it.  Some of the reviews found it whitish or claulky, but  I didn't.  I just make sure to exfoliate before I use it, then kind of warm it in my palms.  The only thing that I might put on my face is a small amount of argan oil or rose hip oil on my cheeks before application.

Honored Contributor

@KCDiva wrote:

I hate sunscreen. I know we need to wear it but most feel like a mask. I just put Josie Maran today and I feel like I put on good skinscare and then I spoil it all with masky sunscreen. I feel like I want to go rewash my face. I am wearing Skinn products now. I need help with this. Is Skinn sunscreen that great? I see it says it's a serum which sounds like what I want. I don't want a cream. I started to try Supergoop ? but I don't need another product to add to my others I don't like. Tried drugstore as well as higher end products. Does a good sunscreen in a serum type, not goopy feeling, exist? This is for days don't wear makeup which is 99% of the time. I am older and have sun damaged skin from tanning and then not wearing sunscreen. Ugh.   

@KCDiva      I am guessing that you don't like that wet feeling on your face?    Clearly, you have paid a price for not wearing sunscreen!    

If you DO wear makeup, what do you use?    Are you in a warm climate?    

Maybe a powder foundation is the way to go.  I've seen them with up to 50 SPF (Physicians Formula).

Personally, I use a serum and then a light coat of Bare Minerals SPF 30 Tinted Primer.     A252048

I top that with a light dusting of mineral makeup  which has an SPF of 15.  The powder "sets" and it feels like I have absolutely nothing on my face .... which is a feeling I really like.    Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't use sunscreen either - my skin is oily enough enough as it is.  I'm just careful about sun exposure - avoiding the worst times, wearing a hat, etc.

Super Contributor

You're right--you need to wear sun screen every day, rain or shine. I use Elta MD tinted for every day use. Not greasy, no white mask, and extremely gentle for super sensitive skin. I also like IT cosmetics sun screen for the days I want more coverage. I'm sure you'll get lots of recommendations here, but, the bottom line, you must use sun screen every day.

Esteemed Contributor

I really like the dry sunscreen from Neutrogena--they dry instantly and feel invisible and look invisible on the face. And, they're cheap so you can use a lot which is super important (I never use enough). 

I've tried some of the better brands ($$$) and like  Kate Somerville
Daily Deflector™ Waterlight Broad Spectrum which is lightweight but packed with good stuff in addition to sunscreen. I put a really rich moisturizer on first then top with this stuff.

I recently got a sample of Banana Boat Sun Comfort which is super cheap and it goes on light, dries fast and doesn't feel like a mask.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

The sun gives off light even if there are clouds. Have oily skin and hated wearing sunscreen. As I've got older have decided to do it even though I dislike it. No reason to pay for expensive skincare, then not use the one thing that really prevents aging. No skin care product stops the wrinkles & sag but SPF does help prevent it. Like PC SPFs and love Josie's tinted moisturizer SPF 47. Also like Cliniques city block, its a SPF that also acts like a primer. Also, mix in my spf with my moisturizer or serums, it goes on less chalky.