Respected Contributor

Re: I Got Some Very Bad News Today

@monicakm   So sorry to read this news.  Please take care.  Many here will pray for you, your brother, and your family.  Such hard news to hear.  Thinking of you.  

Honored Contributor

I'm sorry your family got such devastating news. He may not handle things the way you would like him to, but ultimately, any decisions are his to make.

Honored Contributor

I'm so very sorry @monicakm .  You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Honored Contributor

Oh @monicakm - I am so sorry. At least he and you know he isn't walking through this alone; none of you are. I will pray for him, for you, and for the rest of your family and his friends. I will pray that God gives him the right doctors, and that he will be pain free. I know you will be there for him, and your strength will help him every day. 

Honored Contributor

monicakm

These are such difficult times when this sad news is heard.  This dreaded disease.  I hope you and your family will surround your brother with love and care and be there for him.  It isn't easy, I had to do the same when my father had cancer at age 51.  May you all, especially your brother, find some peace of mind and strength to get through this.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm @I'm so sorry. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you love from the Midwest.

Super Contributor

@monicakm  So very sorry about your brother. You are a bright light on this forum.

Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

Thank each and every one of you so very very much for your love and concern and prayers. I'm sure many of you have faced the same sadness. Right now my brother is wanting to be alone and I understand and respect that. I am with my parents right now. I know they will be many stages of grief but right now the family seems to be doing well. We still don't have a lot of specifics. I don't know how Mom is keeping it together. I'm sure she feels like she has to for everyone's sake especially since Dad can't be a strong one in his mental state. If death is a certainty I hope it's something that isn't a long and drawn out. Thank you all so much for being here through various hardships not just from me but for all of us. This is a great group and I love you all
Respected Contributor

I am praying for your family.