Honored Contributor

Re: I Got Some Very Bad News Today

So sorry to read this devistating news.  

Honored Contributor

Sending Love Light and prayers.jpeg

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

I am so sorry about your brother.  If I read your post correctly, you said your brother is saved.  Hold on to that and let that give you peace.  When it comes down to it, that is the most important thing going forward.  Hopefully your brother will find peace in that, too.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Respected Contributor

My heart goes out to you, your brother and your parents.

A terminal diagnosis is so much to process and people do so very differently. 

Your brother is fortunate to have you, to support him and let him know how much he means to you. It is never too late for declarations of caring, of understanding, of empathy and finally, of sympathy..

In addition to your own grief, you will want to offer your parents support. A lot to contend with, especially with your father's dementia. Perhaps a medical provider might be of assistance in explaining what is transpiring to him and conveying exactly what he is or isn't understanding. While you want to be counsel and supporter to everyone, please remember that you need support yourself. I hope you have a non-family member who will be a shoulder you need to lean on.

It is all right to cry as life can and is very unfair. I wish you all God's love, support and may He lift you up during this most difficult time. You will be in my prayers.

Respected Contributor

May the Lord bless and keep you and your family during these sad times and beyond.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh @monicakm , I'm so sorry. I lost my younger brother unexpectedly 20 yrs. ago and it still feels like yesterday. This is such sad news for you and your family. You've had a tough year and this news is devastating!!!

He's still with you, for now. Give him lots of love. 

Shanus

Respected Contributor

Yes, indeed, bad news. It's always sad to hear such a poor diagnosis, but when the person has worked hard to make lifestyle changes, they can often feel they are being punished for previous "unfortunate life choices." 

He's likely doing a life review in wanting to be alone right now. I hope he can come to terms with his past, the diagnosis, and find peace in loving support, during the remainder of his time.

Best to all of you. It will be tough, but you'll know what's needed.  Just remember to take care of yourself, too. You already have a lot on your own plate. 

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm I am so sorry to read about your brother. I will keep him, and you and your family,  in my prayers. 

Valued Contributor

@monicakm  I am so very sorry to hear this news. I know the devastation  you are feeling today. We have a sister recently diagnosed. Keeping you and your family in my prayers with love& light.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm really sorry, @monicakm.  Being people of faith doesn't give us immunity from the consequences of our life choices, but it gives us hope and peace even on the darkest of days and in challenging circumstances. Hold onto that. You and your family will be in my prayers, for your comfort, peace, and that God will prepare the way for your brother as he travels this path to his ultimate destination.  Be with him as much as possible now and leave nothing unsaid. Very sorry. 🙏