Honored Contributor

Re: I Got Some Very Bad News Today

@monicakm - my heart goes out to you and your family.  This lastest news is so hard.  Your brother is in good care with Hospice.  I know from personal experience with my father, that they take excellent care of their patient and the patient's family.  All of you will continue to be in my prayers.  Hugs to you.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

The only words I have for you are straight out of the Word of God, but I see that my original response to you was poofed, as was expected.

You know where your strength comes from.  Cling to it; His comfort is the ONLY true comfort in life.  Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm   So very sad. Keeping your family in prayer.  Hospice is great.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

God in his perfect wisdom decides the time, manner and place of our death, no matter who or where we are, or under what circumstances we have lived our life as a believer. 

God provides the comfort and strength to carry on so that we can bear our sorrow in such a manner as to honor the memory of our departed love one.

If not one sparrow in all of history dies apart from our Heavenly Father, how much more important it is for us to understand the time, place and manner of our death is in the hands of God the Father.

I pray you will find comfort through our Lord in the coming days.  You don't have to say good-bye to your brother; you can confidently say you will see him again when the Lord decides to call you home.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@JudyL 

He's been in a better place since Hospice took over.  At least he can finish his time on this earth in a lot less pain.

I've been contacting a few of his high school buddies that he sees from time to time but not enough for them to know what he's going thru.  He's enjoyed his conversations/visits with them Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@monicakm   So sorry, but hospice is wonderful and caring. I hope you are holding up as well as can be expected. Thinking about you.

Trusted Contributor

This is heartbreaking @monicakm, take care of yourself and your family. 

Esteemed Contributor

Gosh, @monicakm , I am just seeing this thread.  I am so very sorry for what all of you are going through.  My prayers are with your brother, you and your family.  I think @SurferWife  said it perfectly. 

Honored Contributor

It is heartbreaking @FLGators but so many families have been thru the same thing.  He is sick and keeps to himself a lot of the time but when we do see him, his head is up.  I could never handle cancer like he's handling it.  I'm thankful my WV aunt is here.  She's  just 5 years older than me and 6 years older than my brother.  He's out of a lot of the pain he's been in thanks to hospice.

Trusted Contributor

You are a wonderful sister and daughter. God bless you and your family.

Do the math.