Honored Contributor

I Got A Compliment

[ Edited ]

I so infrequently get any compliments so when I do I relish it. I never smell cologne or perfume on myself, but today a woman at work said I smelled good and asked what I was wearing. I was wearing my tried and true Philosophy Falling In Love, it's not popular or trendy but I like it. 

Respected Contributor

It's always nice to hear a compliment.

Respected Contributor

@Jordan2 It is one of my favorites scents.

I just wished it lasted longer on me.

Honored Contributor

How very nice!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 - FIL has been one of my favorites for many years.  I was asked once while shopping "What are you wearing that smells so wonderful?"

It was a female clerk who asked, but there were two men standing quite close behind me, so you imagine what it was like to say "Falling in Love".  Woman Very Happy

In fact, I wonder if one of the men asked her to ask me, because he followed me around for a bit until I looked at him and said "Okay?"  He looked so embarassed!

I've also been asked by men when I've worn AG, because they wanted to get it for their wives.

I still love Philosophy perfumes (I only buy the EDP) and even when you can't smell it on yourself, others can.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 

That's so nice.  Sounds like it made your day.  I've never smelled that fragrance.  I always try to keep in mind that it might be the nicest thing a person hears that day so if I can find something to compliment someone on, I do it.  My husband tells people I never meet a stranger.  It can be hard to accept compliments sometimes but a "why thank you so much!" will make the person who gave the compliment feel appreciated.  My mother taught me that Smiley Happy  Bless her heart.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia 

I had a young waitress ask me to write down what perfume I was wearing.  She said our waiter wanted to know.  He wanted to buy some for his girlfriend.  I think it was Vanille Abricot.

Honored Contributor

It IS great to get a compliment!  I can't remember the last time I got a compliment on anything.  Enjoy! 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Trusted Contributor

My one and only perfume I wear is Philosophy Amazing Grace, I use the body sprtiz daily after my shower, although I cannot smell it on myself, I get many compliments and asked what am I wearing, it is a subtle and clean scent.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Venezia 

I had a young waitress ask me to write down what perfume I was wearing.  She said our waiter wanted to know.  He wanted to buy some for his girlfriend.  I think it was Vanille Abricot.

@monicakm 

That's my daughter's scent too!