Super Contributor

Re: I Don't Know If I Can Ask This, But....

On 8/28/2014 Kind1too said:

Inquiring minds want to know! {#emotions_dlg.confused1} You are just asking what many women are curious about. I didn't know that this was pretty much the norm for young women. Totally bald. I could see trimming, but thought the bald look was yukky to me. Made me think of little girls. I have gotten over my surprise. Many years ago I used to trim and would let it grow out before my gyn. appt. I didn't want the gyn dr. to think I was strange. I guess now they see everything, nude, hairy, tattooed and pierced. My girlfriend and I were talking recently and she didn't know this is a common practice. She has a 27 year old daughter, I told her to ask her. Guys do it too, although not as common.

I heard the bush is coming back.{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

lol, my bush never left!!

Honored Contributor

On 8/30/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

OK, I got behind a car on my way to the grocery store and they had an "I love my Schnauzer" bumper sticker and I started to laugh because between this thread and that bumper sticker I remembered one of my Dad's favorite jokes.

Dad's sister raised show Schnauzers and she starts telling us this "show dog" joke. Seems a woman had a Schnauzer that never won in dog shows. She knew he was a perfect specimen and just couldn't understand why he wasn't winning. She finally asked the judge after a show and he told her that the dogs whiskers were too long. She said, "Oh, is that all? I'll trim them!" The judge replies "No, no, you never use scissors on the whiskers. You need to use a depilatory"

The woman goes to the local drug store and came face to face with so many choices of depilatory that she just stood looking at the shelf puzzled. The pharmacist came up and offered to help and suggested one particular brand. He was very helpful and told her if she used it on her legs, not to wear hose for 24 hours. If she used it under her arms, not to wear anything with tight armholes for 24 hours. She said, "No, it's for my Schnauzer." The pharmacist gave her a funny look and then calmly and quietly said, "Well, then I wouldn't ride a bicycle for at least a day afterward."

I can still hear my Dad laughing till he almost cried.

hahaha! That was a cute joke! Thanks for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

OK, I know I've caused a flood of jeers and laughter and I'm glad because we all need a good laugh. I tried to skirt around the issue because I thought my question would be poofed. Anyway, I learned from my daughter that almost all of her friends are completely bald in their pubic area and then she told me I was weird because I wasn't. I wanted to know, if at 56 yrs. old, am I in the minority if I don't wax or shave?

Super Contributor

I don't thing you are in the minority. However perhaps those that haven't been in a very long term relationship may be different. I think the longer the marriage or relationship, 20-40 yrs, the longer the fur.

Super Contributor

It's me again,,,,the 'women in the sea with their children' poster. NOW I'll let you know that I just so happen to have a MINI SCHNAUZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

On 8/31/2014 misspammie said:

It's me again,,,,the 'women in the sea with their children' poster. NOW I'll let you know that I just so happen to have a MINI SCHNAUZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!
Frequent Contributor

On 8/31/2014 Quinny said:

OK, I know I've caused a flood of jeers and laughter and I'm glad because we all need a good laugh. I tried to skirt around the issue because I thought my question would be poofed. Anyway, I learned from my daughter that almost all of her friends are completely bald in their pubic area and then she told me I was weird because I wasn't. I wanted to know, if at 56 yrs. old, am I in the minority if I don't wax or shave?

Quincy, even if you choose to not go bald, how do you not wax or shave? Women have to groom no matter what their preference is. (Or do I misunderstand?)
Respected Contributor

My sister is in her 50s and questioned her college age daughter with the razors and Nair use and daughter said mom its not the 70s anymore.

the certain generation is obsessed with hairless bodies. even men shave down south and manscape, they wax or shave so no chest hair, any excess body hair seems to gross out younger and some older people.

Super Contributor

I've been married 23 years (47 years old) and I just wasn't doing too much with mine. I decided to give the job to my husband (he trims all the other bushes we have). I let him do whatever he wants with it, and it makes us both happy. Luckily he doesn't like it completely bare. He does a great job and takes pride in his work Smile

Valued Contributor

On 9/1/2014 Venus Envy said:
On 8/31/2014 Quinny said:

Quincy, even if you choose to not go bald, how do you not wax or shave? Women have to groom no matter what their preference is. (Or do I misunderstand?)

Why? If you are a woman who wears more modest bathing suits and takes a daily shower, what need is there to shave or wax? It's more of a personal preference and a generational thing. I think most women over 50 don't do much unless they are going to wear a more revealing bathing suit. Men over 50 don't seem to care much so it really doesn't have to do with whether or not you've been in a long-term relationship as one poster hypothesized. It's really like a cultural difference, not a matter of hygiene.