Honored Contributor

...and I went past the mailbox Smiley Wink

I'm down to 2 days a week for PT and don't go back till Monday.

I might be able to drive myself but it's a 30ish mile round trip so we'll see.

Like anywhere I go tho, it's mostly rural driving unless I was going into the city and I'm NOT there yet.  I owe so much to my physical therapist.  He has been great and my biggest cheerleader.  There is life after knee replacement.  Sorry I doubted ya'll Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Everyone I know who has had knee surgery, hip surgery is fine and living life but without the pain!  It is a time situation and you are doing the right thing by taking it slow, you will get there!  I am glad you are well and have a great physical therapist who is helping you through recovery.  Uplifting news. 

Respected Contributor

Excellent!  It sounds like you've been a good, compliant patient. That's a big part of the battle. Keep up the good work.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm @Yay for you! I'm so glad to read this. You're getting there!

Keep doing exactly what they tell you, no more and no less.

Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch 

I promise, I have been.  I even purchased an at home knee replacement exercise kit (PT approved).  Rob says I'm way ahead of schedule and if I hadn't told him, he would have never guessed my pain tolerance was in the -100 range and I had Fibro.  I can't lose steam tho.  This is a long process even after PT, which I'll be finished with in 2 weeks.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Keep this up and you will be one of the drivers at the Indy 500!  You go girl. 

Honored Contributor

@Thats Me 

Wellll, no one told me I could drive yet Smiley Surprised  I asked PT and he said for legal reasons he can't make that call.  I don't see my ortho till May 12.  I have 4 miles of back roads before I get to town (population 3000) so I was able to "test drive" before I got around any traffic.  I normally don't pass anyone on the back roads. I passed three cars!  I'm not super anxious to drive but now I know I can if I need to.

Honored Contributor

@Pezzie 

I'll be over the moon if I can get back on a horse Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Baby steps... you will get there. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: I DROVE TODAY!

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  Ok. What I was told was that when I had lost some swelling and had good enough range of motion was when I could do it. If I remember correctly that was in about a month. I was scared at first but it was fine.