Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Take Serious Skincare Seriously

As in other skincare lines, I choose what works for me and ignore the rest.  I learned this a long time ago from using the dr denese line.  You can end up with a greasy mess on your face if you don't think it out.  I'm also trying to get away from anything that is specifically for night use, other than my retin-a.  All creams must be for both day and night. 

Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Some poster said that there is always pressure to develop new products to sell on the vendor companies.  I suppose it is in retail as well as the Q. The latest, greatest miracle, newest scent. Keeps us hoping and shopping!

@wonderfulworld This does seem to be the requirement for selling beauty products on tv. Now I know I will be showing my age, but I can remember when Connie Stevens was on another venue and finally left. She had stated this very thing, they constantly wanted so many NEW things every visit to present & she believed that her tried & true products were enough. 

Too many skin care products, are well just too much. I like to keep it simple and not layer on many products for different target areas. I know what I like and want to be able to continue to purchase & not have it gone because a new product is taking its place.Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

I stopped using most of their products a long time ago.  But I can't find anything that works better on my occasional post-menopausal breakouts than their dry-lo product. That one is a winner for me! 

Trusted Contributor

I can't take Serious Skincare seriously just taking a recent look at Ms. Stallone - now I know she has always had those high cheekbones, a very unique face structure but she, in my opinion, appears to have DEFINITELY had work done - her face just doesn't look  the same and I don't mean by the way your face changes as you age. 

For this reason I cannot find anything she says or "sells" credible.  

Respected Contributor

@sommertime wrote:

@wonderfulworld wrote:

Some poster said that there is always pressure to develop new products to sell on the vendor companies.  I suppose it is in retail as well as the Q. The latest, greatest miracle, newest scent. Keeps us hoping and shopping!

@wonderfulworld This does seem to be the requirement for selling beauty products on tv. Now I know I will be showing my age, but I can remember when Connie Stevens was on another venue and finally left. She had stated this very thing, they constantly wanted so many NEW things every visit to present & she believed that her tried & true products were enough. 

Too many skin care products, are well just too much. I like to keep it simple and not layer on many products for different target areas. I know what I like and want to be able to continue to purchase & not have it gone because a new product is taking its place.Woman Frustrated

I so agree with you!!

Esteemed Contributor

The only SS items I repeat purchase are Reverse Lift eye cream, Instatox, and Firm a Face tightener.  I love these. I've liked  other SS products, but not enough to repurchase.  I did like their Crepe Erase dupe, it seemed to help, but just never bought it again when it ran out.

Respected Contributor

I feel the same way, I used to use Serious Skin Care and soon there were so many products and kits that I did not know what protocol to follow. So I stopped using the line. The same thing happened to me with Skinn, I loved it but then it started to become to complicated with so many products and kits, that I stopped buying. Right now I am sticking to PTR retinol fusion, and I like the Beekman eye and skin products. One product that I have never stopped using is Dr. Denese's Hydroshield. I have tried other moisturizing serums but always go back to that. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sommertime

Loved Connie!

Forever Spring was her line.  She had a website for years, but not sure if she is still around.

Edited to add -- I checked, and she is still selling online.

Wasn't she a delightful, beautiful woman? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@sommertime

Loved Connie!

Forever Spring was her line.  She had a website for years, but not sure if she is still around.

Edited to add -- I checked, and she is still selling online.

Wasn't she a delightful, beautiful woman? 

@Witchy Woman Yes, I used to watch Connie all the time. Now that is a soft sell! I have ordered a few things directly from her site, as I still enjoy several of her orginal products. She also runs some very nice specials, coupons, etc.

Super Contributor

yes, i loved Connie and the forever spring line - in 1986 or so. I got big gift baskets on Mother's day, holidays. and the little pink time machines. love

I was watcing a SSC show late at night and they had a deal for 4  sheet masks and a double supercreamun. I bought 2! It ws a super deal and to my amazement I loved the masks and the super creamerum. My skin was like glass-smooth, poreless and bouncy. I  was using a combo of elysee. principal secret and I took the weekend off and used Perlier honey products. so my skin was in good shape, I was a consistent user of very nice products. the difference was amazing.

I also discovered the reverse lift preplenshing lift mask and the reverse lift 5 minute firming mask, both have backups. and no longer on hsn site.

previously just bought the dry lo and glycolic cleanser for the young ones in the family. I didn't get into any other line. i tend to stick with a line.

but there are great products at SSC> I actually am think about getting a big old reverse lift kit, as I do love principal secret and they might be similar.