Super Contributor

Re: I Can't Find Soap Dish Large Enough For Big Beekman 9" Bar Soap

try soap lift on amazon - comes in colors also Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

When you cut the soap in 1/2 or 1/3, how do you do it? 

Is it a clean cut, do you lose pieces of soap?

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@Mary BaileyI use a sharp kitchen knife and get a clean cut without any soap loss.

Respected Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

————————————

I just use a chef’s knife(large) and press/wiggle down. Sometimes when I get to the bottom there are little shards of soap, but they can be easily “glued” in place with water. After using it a time or two they meld back completely to the main bar. Since I only use it in the shower I don’t care how it looks. If I were using it at the sink I would prefer the palm sized bar.

Trusted Contributor

Hi @grammarqueen .  I believe the bars of soap you are referring to are 9 ounces, rather than 9 inches, so the 7 inch soap dish you found should be plenty long. HTH 😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I hate those large bars of soap.  I use Zum goat's milk bar soap.  Made with essential oils and they come in fun colors but also some basic, soft colors are available.  I have been using for over 15 years and you will always find a bar at my bathroom sink.  I have even used in the shower when I did not have body wash and the soap never dries my skin. Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

Beekman does sell one soap dish for their huge 9" bars on their site, but it is $25, not spending that much! I've searched Amazon, but the largest I've seen is only 7" long. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. 

Because the bar is 9" (wow, that's huge!), a standard 10" dinner plate would work.  My vanity is not large enough for such a large soap, but perhaps yours will be ok. 

Isn't a bar that large difficult to handle?  I probably would cur it into smaller piec3s.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@VenturaHighway wrote:

5PK InterDesign Soap Saver@grammarqueenI agree with getting a pretty plate and then buy one of these soap savers. I have bought them at Dollar Tree. If you have a Goodwill or thrift store, I would check those out because you could find something pretty and cheap.

@grammarqueen @VenturaHighway thsi is exactly what I use- I put the soap saver in a 'standard size' soap dish and the 9oz bar sits on top. It also protects the soap from getting all mushy .......

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@nomless wrote:

@grammarqueen wrote:

Beekman does sell one soap dish for their huge 9" bars on their site, but it is $25, not spending that much! I've searched Amazon, but the largest I've seen is only 7" long. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. 

Because the bar is 9" (wow, that's huge!), a standard 10" dinner plate would work.  My vanity is not large enough for such a large soap, but perhaps yours will be ok. 

Isn't a bar that large difficult to handle?  I probably would cur it into smaller piec3s.

@nomless @grammarqueen I use my netted sponge  on the bar of soap- rather than soaping up directly !! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

We always bought H2O bar soap. The bars of soap were larger than regular bar soap. So we had to find a new soap holder in the shower. We finally found a holder that fit the large bars of soap in Brookstone's.

It is acrylic and open on each end. It is tapered to hold the bar comfortably. So you had an open end that could handle large bars of soap. It is years old but still looks good and keeps the bars of soap out of water. The bars do not get soggy.

I just looked on Brookstone's website and did not see it. But wonder if other companies might carry it.