Valued Contributor

I Can't Find Soap Dish Large Enough For Big Beekman 9" Bar Soap

Beekman does sell one soap dish for their huge 9" bars on their site, but it is $25, not spending that much! I've searched Amazon, but the largest I've seen is only 7" long. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. 

Respected Contributor

Re: I Can't Find Soap Dish Large Enough For Big Beekman 9" Bar Soap

When I used to use bar soaps at the sink, I would find a pretty vintage plate or dish to hold them. Have you ever considered the palm sized soaps? I do cut the larger bars in half for use in the shower.

Honored Contributor

look around in places like home goods or bed bath beyond......think out of the box and go with something that would look nice, but that is NOT a soap dish. sometimes you can find some beautiful crystal luncheon plates or snack plates or small bowls or a small casserole dish.

another option is to cut the bar in half.

for example.....

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/TiEAAOSwEjlbMktn/s-l500.jpg

https://i.etsystatic.com/7189465/r/il/5c6f8d/1258575452/il_fullxfull.1258575452_svb6.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

5PK InterDesign Soap Saver@grammarqueenI agree with getting a pretty plate and then buy one of these soap savers. I have bought them at Dollar Tree. If you have a Goodwill or thrift store, I would check those out because you could find something pretty and cheap.

Super Contributor

I cut them in half. Wrap the half I’m not yet using in wax paper.  If it’s a pretty fragrance, wrap in tissue paper and place in the linen closet.

Trusted Contributor

I just bought the set of their soaps the other day.  Never thought about it not fitting in the soap dish.  Guess I'll have to check when I receive it.  Hmmm...

Honored Contributor

So---cut them in half!!!!

Honored Contributor

@grammarqueen wrote:

Beekman does sell one soap dish for their huge 9" bars on their site, but it is $25, not spending that much! I've searched Amazon, but the largest I've seen is only 7" long. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks. 

@grammarqueen   Even if I use an antique dish or yard sale find saucer, I place a kitchen sponge under the soap...prevents the soap from slipping and makes cleaning the dish easier. 

Respected Contributor

You might find one on Etsy.  Google “large soap dish Etsy”.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@grammarqueen  I am agreeing with the other posters.  I also cut my Beekman soaps. But instead cutting them in half, I cut them into thirds.  I think that is the perfect size.