Honored Contributor

Re: I Burned My Face w/ The Ordinary AHA/BHA Serum :o

@SilleeMee 

It will be awhile before I use it again.  It wasn't a problem leaving it  on for 5 minutes but 10...YIKES!  Won't be doing that again Smiley Surprised  

Honored Contributor

@deb5555 

Didn't think of it Smiley Sad  I think what I will do tho is put some in a smaller container and keep it in my bathroom skin care fridge so I'll see it everyday and remember for when I need it.  My cheeks are still a wee bit sensitive so I've been spraying a cold essence on my face a few times a day.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

It will be awhile before I use it again.  It wasn't a problem leaving it  on for 5 minutes but 10...YIKES!  Won't be doing that again Smiley Surprised  

@monicakm 

I hope it never happens again. But if it does, or comes close to that again, treat your skin with a barrier cream for the next few days. That will help your skin rebuild its natural acid mantle which has been destroyed by the peel. Depending on how much of it was damaged, that can take a day or two and in extreme cases it can take weeks.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Barrier cream.  Would my Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream be a barrier cream?  I've continued to use it after the skin burn...plus HA, Niacinimide, Rosehip Seed Oil and Tatcha Essence (not in that order).  I've stayed away from my other TO serums like Buffet, Granactive and Drunk Elephant F-Balm

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Barrier cream.  Would my Tatcha Dewy Skin Cream be a barrier cream?  I've continued to use it after the skin burn...plus HA, Niacinimide, Rosehip Seed Oil and Tatcha Essence (not in that order).  I've stayed away from my other TO serums like Buffet, Granactive and Drunk Elephant F-Balm

Barrier creams are usually labelled as 'restoring', 'repairing', 'balancing' or 'renewing'. Some may even say 'barrier cream' on the label. Most are somewhat  occlusive. Check out Epionce Medical Barrier Cream...that one is described to treat burned skin on the face. @monicakm