Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Finally Happy With My Eyebrows

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Trinity11 

I was looking at Janipher's picture trying to imagine her with dark brows and I think it would absolutely ruin her good look there. My brows are naturally black and somewhat thick. I may thin (trim not pluck) them out a bit and see how I like it. I think my brows are too harsh-looking as they are right now.

When I was young @SilleeMee I used to have dark brows with natural honey colored hair. I always thought my brows were too dark so I used to use Joleen bleach on them. The things we do for beauty. LOL

I bet you look beautiful @SilleeMee . Let's face it, we are all our own worst critic.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh thank you so much @Trinity11 . You're so sweet to say that.

Yes, we do things that make us look better...at least we think they do anyway. lol!

I went into my bathroom and took my brow trimmer to my brows just now. Trimmed away quite a bit and wow what a difference that makes! I love it. Now the focus is on my eyes and not so much on my brows. Definitely softened my look! I don't know what took me so long to do this...LOL!Woman LOL

ETA-

I should thank @monicakm for making me take a closer look at my brows. I don't think I would have taken the plunge to go for a lighter brow if she didn't mention it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

This is a picture of Janipher Hur (Tatcha rep). I've always noticed that her brows are much lighter than her black locks. I think it softens her look but she is also wearing very dark eyeliner which I won't be doing. What do you think about her look? Are her brows too light? I'd like to maybe try a lighter brow but I'm not sure about it yet. I'm also an Asian woman with long black hair.

Janipher Hur (@janipher.hur) TikTok | Watch Janipher Hur's Newest TikTok  Videos

Her brows need texture and are too light. She could look better if they were a shade or two darker. They are too light for her very dark brown eye color. If she had lighter eye color it might be a different story. When I cover her eyes with my hand, Her brows look fine, when I remove my hand, her brows don't look right with the deep brown eyes and dark eye liner.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

Yes, I think Janipher's brows are a tad too light especially in contrast to her dark eyes and dark eyeliner. I don't wear dark liner and my brows are thick and black. I just took a trimmer to mine and made them appear lighter where you can see my skin through the brows. Not quite as light as Janipher's but I like the way my brows turned out....a softer look.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm ---I got very good at doing my eyebrows--they look amazing---and are really the one thing I make sure I do, still,  when I go out and about---lost them due to chemo and what made me look sick was--no eyebrows!! I wasn't sick really, weathered chemo pretty good compared to others ---just pale and with no hair and brown eyes, I looked like a ghost------I used a white wax pencil to draw them on and to have something for the brow color to attache  to, usually from a pencil and maybe brow powder, then used a clear mascara or brow gel to set them----looked great andmade me feel even better about things.

Honored Contributor

I have very sparse eye brows, the older i get,the thinner they get.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee 

OMGoodness  I thought that was you!  I was about to throw in the towel lol

Yes, I do think her brows are too light. I think she could go a little darker look better (imo)  Here are some quotes from Loreal.  I am so tickled that I have darker brows now that are more in line with my hair color!  What a difference and that's with bangs/fringe covering most of them (but  you can see my brows thru my choppy, shaggy bangs).

BLACK HAIR CAN GO FOR A SOFTER BROW

Like we said, your eyebrows should be darker than your hair color—with one exception. Those with black hair may find a deep black color to appear too harsh, depending on the look they're going for.

You can use a shade slightly more brown than your black hair to give your brows a softer, more natural look. Make sure to use a shade that matches your skin's undertones (we'll cover this later!), so you don't end up looking washed out or orange.May 12, 2021

From tatbrow dot com

Nailing the perfect brow look can be a little bit of a learning curve at first. You have to learn how to shape your brows, how to get rid of unwanted hairs and peach fuzz, what products to use to create your desired brow look, and how to use them. But the learning doesn’t stop there. You also have to learn which color brows to pick.

WHAT COLORS TO USE FOR BLACK HAIR 

The general consensus in the beauty world is to use an almost perfect shade match for most brows with their corresponding hair colors. However, black hair is the only exception to this. True black hair is so dark that a matching color brow may give you an ominous, threatening look rather than compliment your natural beauty.

So, instead of choosing a black to match, try these strategies instead.

GO FOR A SHADE LIGHTER THAN YOUR HAIR 

You can use a shade slightly more brown than your black hair to give your brows a softer, more natural look. Make sure to use a shade that matches your skin's undertones (we’ll cover this later!), so you don’t end up looking washed out or orange.

If you are going for a harsher, edgier brow look, black brows may work just fine. It’s important to note, however, that they likely won’t give you a natural-looking soft brow. There are also soft black products like TatBrow’s Ash Black shade that offers dark brows to match your hair without being so dark you look like Wednesday from the Adam’s Family. If that’s your thing, more power to you. But, if not, we’ve got your back with that too. Try using a dark brown shade to achieve a softer look while still matching a darker hair color.

Honored Contributor

BTW, what a stunningly beautiful woman!

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva 

It was just a test to see if anyone was paying attention (g)

Honored Contributor

@kate2357 

Sorry!  lol  I've been using a med brown all these years.  You could see them but I had to really pile on the gel and something was still "off".  Now they're noticeable without being in your face harsh.