Respected Contributor

I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!!

I have just recently started adding the oils to the cleansing conditioner as my leave in. I have also started adding oil to my styling creme. I absolutely love the results!!!! I have been using Wen for almost 2 years and I would consider this little discovery a game changer for me. Adding the oils to my leave in and styling creme seem to bring out the smoothness and shine that I have been trying to get. I just add 3 drops to my half a pump of cc as my leave in and 3 drops to one pump of styling creme. Please keep in mind that I have enough hair for two people. People with thinner hair probably wouldn't need this much. This discovery was so great, I just had to share! I want to give a shout out to Bruingirl for helping me learn about this little gem of information.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Honored Contributor

Re: I Am Even More in Love With the Wen Oils!!!

Hilary, thank you for sharing this latest tip. I've read various posts about doing this but I've been hesitant to take the plunge. My hair is very thin/fine so some of the CCs have weighed down my hair. This has made me skittish about adding the oils to other Wen products.

As always, I really appreciate your detailed explanation about how you add the oils into the Wen CC and SC. As you mentioned, I think I'll just start with one drop of oil and slowly work my way up. I'll try it first on a weekend day when I don't have to be as concerned about a best hair day. Smile

Thanks also to bruingirl for sharing this information (I must have missed her post on this).

-- bebe Smile

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for sharing this! Are you using the Treatment Oils or the Hair and Body Oils?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Valued Contributor

Thanks Hilary77! I don't know why but I'm always worried that the more I put in my hair the more weighed down it would be. I guess that comes from other styling products I've used in the past. But so far every time I use a Wen product, I get great results. I will like bebe777 start with one drop and go from there. I'm getting ready to shower here in a few. Did another overnight oil treatment and I'm slowly becoming addicted to those oils, lol.
Love my Wen, Love my Animals! God Bless You All!
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 bebe777 said:

Hilary, thank you for sharing this latest tip. I've read various posts about doing this but I've been hesitant to take the plunge. My hair is very thin/fine so some of the CCs have weighed down my hair. This has made me skittish about adding the oils to other Wen products.

As always, I really appreciate your detailed explanation about how you add the oils into the Wen CC and SC. As you mentioned, I think I'll just start with one drop of oil and slowly work my way up. I'll try it first on a weekend day when I don't have to be as concerned about a best hair day. Smile

Thanks also to bruingirl for sharing this information (I must have missed her post on this).

-- bebe Smile

Yes, I think one drop at a time might be good. I may be able to use more, but I didn't want to over do it. I think Bruingirl only adds the oil to her styling creme. I just added it to both to see what happened. My hair type is similar to the Wen model Carrie, only my hair is dark blonde.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Thanks for sharing this! Are you using the Treatment Oils or the Hair and Body Oils?

I am using the treatment oils. Today, I used the sweet almond peppermint oil.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Respected Contributor

On 3/22/2014 BethanyB said: Thanks Hilary77! I don't know why but I'm always worried that the more I put in my hair the more weighed down it would be. I guess that comes from other styling products I've used in the past. But so far every time I use a Wen product, I get great results. I will like bebe777 start with one drop and go from there. I'm getting ready to shower here in a few. Did another overnight oil treatment and I'm slowly becoming addicted to those oils, lol.
Yes, it might be better to start with one drop at a time, so you can find the perfect amount. I just love experimenting and trying new things. This seems so simple to me, but makes a big difference in my hair.
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!
Esteemed Contributor

Hilary, prior to Wen, I used silicone serums for everything, including adding them to my leave-ins. Silicones are synthetic oils, and I used them to replace the various oils I used in my hair. My hair flourished as a result.

I'm going to do the same thing with the Wen oils!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

I used to add oil to my styling cream but now I use the glossing serum mixed with the styling cream instead. I suppose I could add a drop or two to my leave in -- might have to try that.

Honored Contributor

Here's hoping you'll be very happy together...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...