Respected Contributor

Re: I Am Certainly In Minority On Wen

[ Edited ]

I used it for a couple of years and I kept using it thinking I just hadn't found the right combination for my fine hair.  There were so many positive reviews.  Why wasn't it working for me ?  But it never worked.  For a while I used it as a conditioner only and even that was not doing anything for my hair.  I had the same flat result that I had when I used it as "shampoo."  (I really did rinse enough, honest.) So it isn't for everyone. 

ETA: Sorry I just saw this was an old thread.  Not sure why I got to it.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Somebody no doubt already said this but, if you don't use enough product and don't rinse it out of your hair thoroughly, you will not like this product. I've said this before, my son has a head full of thick wavy hair and I shudder to think what his hair would look like if he didn't use WEN.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

It's a mixed bag for me. I really like the body treatment/moisturizer and the oils (which I use for the body).  I also like many of the fragrance products (619, honey, pear, etc.).  I don't like many of the cleansing conditioner varieties. But I do like the orange blossom and honey peach ones. The seasonal seem to work better for me..they have a different consistency and wash out better IMO.  But many people do swear by them. I wish he didn't use menthol though.  

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

I have loss of hair as I'm aging Smiley Sad it's getting thinner and so much lost with each w/every wash -  very depressing!. I can't imagine a "mountain of hair"...I'd looove that..never had that kind of hair even before the hair aging issue. If WEN did it to that much hair of yours, I was right when I tried it ages ago and used maybe 5 times leaving me with limp locks - it was sitting 3/4 full for a many years in the back of my bathroom closet when I found it not long ago. I KNEW I hated it and the mint or menthol scent/feel is a huge turnoff for me and limp locks too!.

I even can't fathom 2nd hair with WEN on anyone with fine hair.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mimi5775

Thanks for circling back w/ my post. Thick hair is a genetic thing from my Mom & just like anything it’s a good/bad thing. Perky ponytails eventually pull down to the nape due to the weight, takes all day for my hair to dry naturally & I’ve spent a small fortune trying to find a claw clip to fit the volume of hair (spoiler: I wear 2).  I digress, but yes, I believe Wen coats the hair which makes it look dirtier & causes limp locks.

Additional thought:

If you’re losing hair, may I suggest testing for thyroid issues?

If Life causes my thyroid medication to be too much or too little,

one of the 1st signs is hair loss.  Hair loss is natural, but not enough

to plug a shower drain...which I’ve done several times!  HTH

Valued Contributor

I would never be without Wen.  My hair is curly, which my hairdresser said means it is dry.  The fig and rice formulas are the only products that ever gave my hair enough moisture.  For many years, I tried everything but never got the results that I get from Wen.  When I leave it in for 5 minutes, my hair is hydrated, shiny, and bouncy.  I also add Redken's Shades EQ in clear to shine up my hair as well.

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

I don't care what you say I'd love to have 2 doggone clips to hold my hair up lol! true.

But with thin or too thick hair people have their gripes...I hear ya.

My thyroid is fine..always was. Maybe it's changed in the past year and 1/2 when my sister (who does extensive intricate bloodwork since she's an Integrative Dr as well as a family Dr) had my blood work done.

She will see everything! But I have been diagnosed with psoiatric arthritis recently (pain!) but no scaly lesions- areas that present as eczema or bites that go away in time and remit.

Oddball me :/

Maybe that is why? I am getting my bloodwork done this month. Postponed due to my dads death last month Smiley Sad and just no motivation. Maybe then my thyroid has changed as I hear it can esp. now at my new age 61 this month.

I do feel it's been insidiously and hormonal though.

Bloodwork does not lie and we will see. I will try to remember to alert you on this board know if something's up with that - very curious now...I do eat alot and do not gain and lost a lot ove rthe past 2 years upper body (yucky boney feel)

PS: people do not know this (you may), but thyroid results can come back alight when they are not. There are special markers or something that most drs. don't bother adding to the rx on the thyroid bloodwork!!

Honored Contributor

@mimi5775 wrote:

@sidsmom

I don't care what you say I'd love to have 2 doggone clips to hold my hair up lol! true.

My thyroid is fine..always was. Maybe it's changed in the past year and 1/2 when my sister (who does extensive intricate bloodwork since she's an Integrative Dr as well as a family Dr) had my blood work done.

She will see everything! But I have been diagnosed with psoiatric arthritis recently (pain!) but no scaly lesions- areas that present as eczema or bites that go away in time and remit.

Maybe that is why? I am getting my bloodwork done this month. Postponed due to my dads death last month Smiley Sad and just no motivation. Maybe then my thyroid has changed as I hear it can esp. now at my new age 61 this month.

Bloodwork does not lie and we will see. I will try to remember to alert you on this board know if something's up with that - very curious now...I do eat alot and do not gain and lost a lot ove rthe past 2 years upper body (yucky boney feel)

PS: people do not know this (you may), but thyroid results can come back alight when they are not. There are special markers or something that most drs. don't bother adding to the rx on the thyroid bloodwork!!

@mimi5775

Oh my!  So sorry about your father.  I’m coming on 58 in a month, so we’re at the age where our parents are no longer with us....or if they are still here, they are not as spry as they once were.  This new chapter is stressful & can affect us in weird ways.  Though, it sounds like you have the best doctor in town (Sissy!💕), so you’re in good hands!    As for thyroid tests not showing everything...yeah, thyroid is a bugger with that, but your tests in the upcoming weeks might get you back on track.  Report back with what you find out!  

Trusted Contributor

@sidsmom

@sidsmom wrote:

@mimi5775 wrote:

@sidsmom

@mimi5775

Oh my!  So sorry about your father.  I’m coming on 58 in a month, so we’re at the age where our parents are no longer with us....or if they are still here, they are not as spry as they once were.  This new chapter is stressful & can affect us in weird ways.  Though, it sounds like you have the best doctor in town (Sissy!💕), so you’re in good hands!    As for thyroid tests not showing everything...yeah, thyroid is a bugger with that, but your tests in the upcoming weeks might get you back on track.  Report back with what you find out!  

@sidsmomThanks so much, yes we are at that age.. baby boomers and many of us are losing our loved ones :/ ..seems way too much lately.
   I will report back, I hope I can remember Smiley Happy  take care!

Super Contributor

I feel the same way, I used Wen for many years. I stopped for a few years because of the high price. Just before Christmas I wanted to treat my self to Wen again..  After my Wen arrived could not wait to use it. I used it about 6 times found my hair flat and limp and sent it back. No more Wen for me.