Super Contributor

I Am Certainly In Minority On Wen

After watching Wen products be presented many, many times I decided last week when it was a TSV to give it a try and see what all the "to do" over it is. I realize it has so many 5 star reviews, but, I must say -- I don't care for it. I normally have thick, lots of body hair and this stuff made my hair limp and flat - can't stand it! Surely, I am not alone!Woman Indifferent

Deep In The Heart of Texas
Esteemed Contributor

Re: I Am Certainly In Minority On Wen

@moon_gazer

I agree,I used WEN for 13 yrs and thought I loved it....lol  I stopped only because I couldn't stand the menthol smell any longer.

I went back to my Pantene and my old  hair never looked so good!!!

Honored Contributor

I too have a partially used bottle. I have followed the directions, used alot of product, used a little product, rinsed and rinsed and rinsed. My hair is flat and dirty looking.

So went back to regular shampoo and let everyone rave about Wen and glad that they like it.

Honored Contributor

You’re not alone. With WEN my hair was heavy, weighed down and too greasy.

I don’t think it is a bad product, it’s just not for me.

My natural hair is not dry, frizzy or in bad condition. It is already silky and shiny.  I think WEN is made for other hair types than mine.  It also reminded me of Vick’s vapor rub in texture and smell.  I gave three bottles to my daughter, she liked it.

Honored Contributor

I think it’s awful,  My hair looked terrible, took too long with all the pumping and rinsing, not to mention the menthol irritated my skin and eyes. 

Esteemed Contributor

@moon_gazer wrote:

After watching Wen products be presented many, many times I decided last week when it was a TSV to give it a try and see what all the "to do" over it is. I realize it has so many 5 star reviews, but, I must say -- I don't care for it. I normally have thick, lots of body hair and this stuff made my hair limp and flat - can't stand it! Surely, I am not alone!Woman Indifferent

You're not alone!!  

Honored Contributor

Over-priced, over-hyped and over-rated...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I agree! I tried it and it made my hair worse and drier less bouncy and limp. I thought I was imagining it so I went back to my high end shampoo and conditioner and my hair was so bouncy and shiney. I then a year later tried it again thinking that was a fluke well my hair was horrible.  I also had some shedding with WEN like many. I will never use this horrible product again. The only thing I love is the new 319 dry Oli as I put this on after it is washed and wet and I spray then blow dry. That is a good product only.

Trusted Contributor

Several years ago, I tried it as well.  And, like you, it didn't work for me.  It made me feel like I had applied conditioner without cleansing my hair. 

Honored Contributor

You aren't alone.  I was a faithful user for several years and never had gorgeous second day hair.  I had to wash (cleanse) daily or get by with dry shampoo if I wasn't going anywhere on Day Two.  There's absolutely no way I could be a once or twice a week cleanser.  I wised up and decided it wasn't worth the expense.