Esteemed Contributor

I have hyperpigmentation on my arms. It isn't even summer yet, but being out in the spring sun has made it worse. I have been using glytone with 15 spf daily. Does anyone have any ideas? TIA

Valued Contributor

I get dark spots on my face, so I touch up sunscreen at least twice in addition to putting it on in the morning. I'd just suggest to make sure it has UVB protection as well and use it every three to four hours. You may not burn, but even a little sun with no protection darkens problem spots. I get harrassed by friends on it, but I keep my spots at bay. I use Paula's choice lighteners, too.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget to use a good sun screen on your arms and the backs of your hands.  As you age, you'll be glad you did.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

SavvyChic and Kachina,

Thank you both for your replies. I think I will bump up the sunsceen, and try to remember to use it on my arms as well. Wish there was something else I could do, but maybe this is my best bet.  Hope both of you ladies have a great day!

Trusted Contributor

Walmart carries 3% hyrdoquinone called Nadinola in the ethnic section and Ambi Fade Cream which is 2%.  Hyrdoquinone is the gold standard for skin lightening.  You may also get a 4% or 6% prescription from your dr.  It works.  I've been using it on my hands and face.  It does take time and always wear sunscreen. 

Esteemed Contributor

lovethedesert,

I didn't realize that I could buy those at wal mart. I will be checking that out. I was wishing QVC still sold that Joan Rivers hand cream with that hydroquinone in it. Thanks, this is great news!!!!

I feel like my arms look so bad, I just want to wear long sleves.

Honored Contributor

Re: Hyperpigmetation

[ Edited ]

Besides sunscreen  SPF 50 or higher I also wear SPF arm sleeves and SPF gloves when out side for any amount of time, and always while driving.  A solar hat and parasol is important also. 

I do do not care what people think Because of my parasol or whatever....I have great skin because I am proactive with sun protection

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Besides sunscreen  SPF 50 or higher I also wear SPF arm sleeves and SPF gloves when out side for any amount of time, and always while driving.  A solar hat and parasol is important also. 

I do do not care what people think Because of my parasol or whatever....I have great skin because I am proactive with sun protection

I also carry an umbrella for sun shade. It makes a huge difference.

I wanted a body lotion with more than SPF 15 and had a hard time finding one. Instead I found Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration sunscreen, which is a sunscreen with a moisturizer.

silk-hydration-30

That's what I use on my arms now. I also make sure I have SPF in my hand creams. I like Deborah Lippmann Rich Girl and Supergoop Hand Creams. They're expensive, so I hold out for sale. 

And remember that sunscreen needs time to absorb for it to work, so put it on 15-20 minutes before you go outside.

Honored Contributor

4% Hydroquinone, use it for 3 months.