Honored Contributor

Re: Hydro Boost Water Gel-neutrogena

I break out terribly when I use anything with cones in it. Another thing about them is that cones are relatively hard to remove from your skin and they tend to get build-up which will prevent other valuable skincare products from getting in. Yes, cones make your skin feel silky smooth and they indeed seal in moisture but I'd rather not use them because of the reasons I stated.

Trusted Contributor

I want my face to look dewey...my skin looks much better than it did two years ago but would love to take it up a notch...thanks for the feedback though on the product.
Honored Contributor

To the contrary, one of the benefits of silicones is that they ALLOW other ingredients to be absorbed by the skin, also helping moisture to do its work. There is no evidence that silicones build up on the skin or suffocate the skin. This is myth and based on personal anecdotes undoubtedly due to the texture of silicones, even though the texture is silky rather than heavy.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

To the contrary, one of the benefits of silicones is that they ALLOW other ingredients to be absorbed by the skin, also helping moisture to do its work. There is no evidence that silicones build up on the skin or suffocate the skin. This is myth and based on personal anecdotes undoubtedly due to the texture of silicones, even though the texture is silky rather than heavy.

Just to add, silicones are very low on the comedogenic scale. Of course, that doesn't cover everyone's experience, but it is a helpful tool.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Well, 'cones or no 'cones, this is one moisturizer that does not break me out or irritate my rosacea.   I love it and I love how my skin looks and feels when I'm wearing it. 

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt