Esteemed Contributor

Re: Hydration....Active Argan vs. Josie

I came across a study that concluded that oils high in oleic acid compromise the skin barrier. Argan is med/high. However, each of the different oils (this study involved olive, avocado, coconut, argan, jojoba, rose hip, etc.) have attributes that assist in maintaining your moisture loss, plus other benefits (antioxidant, antibacterial, wound healing, etc.) to their individual extent.

A different study concluded those oils high in oleic acid enhanced skin penetration.

Actually, I tried the AA, as well as JM reserve. Conclusion: I went back to rose hip seed.

Respected Contributor

I would like to add that when I use JM Argan oil or Rosehip seed oil on it's own, I do spray my face with Hertitage Store Rose Petal Rose Water. (HG) Then apply sparingly the oil. Heritage also has Rose Water with glycerin which works just as well to seal foundation. I don't use their sprayer but tranfer the product in more of a mist spray. I also have it on hand for hydration after cleansing & before skin care products. So many uses for Rose Water. 

Valued Contributor

I am so impressed with all the wonderful responses. I have done some research on my own and since I am not using all the chemically-laden skin care lines, my aesthetician recommended I look into Evan Healy.  I have read all their info and blogs and I must say that I am impressed with the philosophy of "the skin breathes". If any of you are interested  in reading their philosophyin  look it up. It really gives thought. I did place an order and then found out you can purchase from Pharmaca and Sprouts and Whole Foods.

I sure heard what  all of you said and I am not going to go the route of AA or Josie but I will try this Evan Healy. My focus has changed and I will age gracefully. I am 72 and I am looking for healthy, vibrant skin. No more hocus pocus or smoke and mirrors. I am just tired of all the $$$$ I have spent. Thank you so much....all of you....for all your honesty. . 

Honored Contributor

The skin does not breathe. It has hair follicles (aka pores, which produce oil and sebum and can get blocked by these substances) and sweat glands, but you can't breathe through them. Otherwise you could hold your breath forever and still breathe through your skin.

Evan Healy might still be a great brand though. I hope you will let us know how you like it, @sandylu 

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@Porcelain 

i am a nurse and I do know that but it is just a philosophy that the skin is alive (that is why is quotes). I will let everyone know how this is and what results there are.  i am just done with with all the big time chemicals.

I am hopinh it is a means to healthy skin.....because that is what I am looking for and that starts with deep hydration.

Fingers crossed.......

Honored Contributor

@sandylu wrote:

@Porcelain 

i am a nurse and I do know that but it is just a philosophy that the skin is alive (that is why is quotes). I will let everyone know how this is and what results there are.  i am just done with with all the big time chemicals.

I am hopinh it is a means to healthy skin.....because that is what I am looking for and that starts with deep hydration.

Fingers crossed.......

@sandylu  Awesome! I agree the skin is alive, except for the stratum corneum, which as you know, is dead skin cells. The skin is layered and designed so beautifully, it's really amazing how intricate the whole cell replacement process is. Fingers crossed here too.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@sandylu  I've used SO MANY different products and lines during my lifetime.  As my skin changes, and as my attitude toward a product changes,  I tweak my routine.  I never normally stick to one line exclusively.   I am transitioning away from Perricone,  which I used since early on when they first appeaered on QVC....   sometimes for most of my routine and sometimes just a couple of products.  I have found that I am getting wonderful results from JM's line, which almost surprises me.  Whether people think it's hype or not, my skin likes what I'm doing, and I like the consistency of the products.  I was not a fan of the Argan Milk until recently and use that, the Resurfacing Serum, Devine Honey Drip for Night, Skin Dope, Argan Face Cream and the Infinity Oil.   I also often will include Perlier Hyaluronic Acid as a first step.  Exfoliating and cleansing are critical, and I use none of her products from this category.

The Skinn Manuka oil is beautiful.  I use that in spots and on my body (It's always sold out!).   I also have plenty of other products that I rotate in and out,  but right now, this is primarily what I'm using from the JM line, and getting great results.  If I'm paying more for the products, packaging, whatever, I'm willing and able to do so.  It's a very personal journey for all of us.  Nice to share.

Good luck.