Respected Contributor

Re: Hydration....Active Argan vs. Josie

@sandylu  I have tried alot of brands of Argan Oil. Yes I did try Active Argan. I have found that Josie Maran's is the best for my skin which is normal. My skin used to be more on the dry side but not anymore. I found the Active too be too oily & did not absorb as well as Josie's so back went bye bye. There is a learning curve with argan, very little goes along way. Sometimes I use it as a last step at night & alot of the times I use it on its own. I am in the minority here but I can just tell you my experience with argan oils. Good Luck.

Honored Contributor

For hydration you need a hyaluronic acid serum to put under your argan oil. I don't see a hyaluronic acid serum from either brand. Isomers has a nice one, and there are loads of good ones on Amazon -- Hada Labo makes a great one. "Hadalabo JAPAN Skin Institute Gokujun premium hyaluronic solution" is the one I have and I like it. It's only $13.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

For hydration you need a hyaluronic acid serum to put under your argan oil. I don't see a hyaluronic acid serum from either brand. Isomers has a nice one, and there are loads of good ones on Amazon -- Hada Labo makes a great one. "Hadalabo JAPAN Skin Institute Gokujun premium hyaluronic solution" is the one I have and I like it. It's only $13.

Yes, I use the Isomers under my AA oil. It's a must. It works very well. Thanks for pointing that out. 

Regular Contributor

I like AA oil better than Josie. I just feel it absorbs into my skin quicker than JM. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks to everyone!!!!!!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Oil isn't hydrating. It's an emollient, a skin conditioner. It has no water in it. And water is needed for hydration--the hydro part of hydration. Also needed for hydration are water attractors and binders, aka humectants. Glycerin and hyaluronic acid are good humectants. Put a product with those on first and your oil over top to seal it in. Then you'll be more hydrated.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

I love the nighttime stem cell elixir & the 5 minute mask set. I bought the bonus size platinum oil special she had on during her last visit. I love the consistency & doesn't feel like oil & skin just drinks it in. Nice way to seal in your products, I add about 3 drops all over face & neck. I want to try the other products in her stem cell & platinum line.

Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Oil isn't hydrating. It's an emollient, a skin conditioner. It has no water in it. And water is needed for hydration--the hydro part of hydration. Also needed for hydration are water attractors and binders, aka humectants. Glycerin and hyaluronic acid are good humectants. Put a product with those on first and your oil over top to seal it in. Then you'll be more hydrated.

@Porcelain, you took the words right of my mouth. Even with moisturizer, I apply it with damp fingers. Oils are a sealer, not a moisturizer.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know anything about Active Argan, but I have been using Josies for several years.  If you want an alternative, Trader Joes sells pure argan oil, same size 1.7 oz, brown bottle, organic for about $5.99.  I did a test, Josie on one hand, TJ on the other for a month.  No difference at all.  Both come with an eye dropper.

If you want REAL hydration, Beekman1802 body creme is much better than any straight argan oil I have ever used. The base is goat milk, smooth, creamy, and hydration deluxe.

Honored Contributor

@JesssMe wrote:

I don't know anything about Active Argan, but I have been using Josies for several years.  If you want an alternative, Trader Joes sells pure argan oil, same size 1.7 oz, brown bottle, organic for about $5.99.  I did a test, Josie on one hand, TJ on the other for a month.  No difference at all.  Both come with an eye dropper.

If you want REAL hydration, Beekman1802 body creme is much better than any straight argan oil I have ever used. The base is goat milk, smooth, creamy, and hydration deluxe.

Yes, the TJ's Argan Oil is EXCELLENT!  Also recommend the new Manuka Honey oil from Skinn Cosmetics Heart

download (33).jpg

Skinn® Cosmetics Divine Elixir Luminous Skin Oil Manuka Honey

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri