Valued Contributor

Hydration....Active Argan vs. Josie

I will take all opinions. If you use one vs the other or both, can you please tell me your experience with the 2 brands? I need hydration and I am having difficulty decising where to spend my money...and put my trust in.

As I stated....I will be happy with all responses to review. need your help

Respected Contributor

Re: Hydration....Active Argan vs. Josie

I have been using Shea Terra Organics cold pressed, organic Argan oil for years before Josie came along. Much less expensive and non of the false claims Josie and QVC make about her products.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandylu 

I have used both Active argon and Josie's... I see no difference between the two.

I recently bought an organic Argon oil from Pipping Rock for $7 a 2 ounce bottle and it preforms just as well as either of the other two.   Other words... no difference in how they compare.

I think Active argon and Josie Marans are a lot of HYPE.

Valued Contributor

WOW! So far I have great responses that are making me think long and hard. I hope there are many more responses to help me so I do not experience buyers remores!!!!!!

Maybe I will not purchase either....hmmmmmm

Thank you for your responses

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, too , say save your hard earned money and buy an Argan Oil from one of the vitamin sites, like Puritans Pride, Swanson or Vitacost. Even Amazon or ebay. 

Valued Contributor

Thanks so much again. I guess I am easily swayed by all the new companion products that come with the AO.

Looks like I am going to heed your warnings. It is probably unnecessary to have every product contain AO....might be a bit of overkill.

My purse and CC thank you.

Let's see how many agree with this. You all are wonderful and helpful!

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The main reason I use Active Argan faithfully is because it works and it is the lightest on my skin. I have tried most argan oils on line and in the stores including Josie. Yes, the Trader Joes argan oil works well and it's cheap  but it's thick and I can't stand the feel of it. I've yet to find a brand as light on the skin as Active Argan. AA seeps right in. If anyone has a brand they think is as light as AA please share. Thanks.  

Valued Contributor

@BdBettyB  Do you use all the products in the line (AA) or just the oil???? TX

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sandylu wrote:

@BdBettyB  Do you use all the products in the line (AA) or just the oil???? TX

I use maybe 40% of the line. Love the hand creams and the Plasma Pro 50+ line. Shows are coming up on the 15th and 16th. 

Trusted Contributor

Here's my thing. Hydration for me comes from hyaluronic acid and glycerin, Isomers H-Pur, pure glycerin from Walmart, and usually Isomers Copper-P.

Of course, cleansing and exfoliation are imperative.