Honored Contributor

Re: Hyaluronic acid serum

[ Edited ]

@rochelleS wrote:

@Nightowlz

How do you use your H Pur? I'd ordered it last year. It arrived frozen solid. When thawed I tried it solo and mixed with Wen's NBT. Both times resulted in extremely dry and super gross flakey skin. Called Isomers CS and was told that freezing would not affect the product and the rep was surprised at my results. I did read reviews which stated the same as I'd experienced. Geez, I've used other HA products without any issues. Any suggestions would be welcomed. I have a big bottle...

@rochelleS

I just apply a couple drops before my Matrixyl serum or serum I'm using.

I use the Matrixyl-4 with Glutathiosome in the morning or RPur at night. Sometimes I use the Accelerated Recovery Serum. I use the Matrixyl cream with the Deep Crease Correction Cream.

I do get flaky skin but did not think it was from the HPur.

I use her Micro Derm Pro Peel once per week to get rid of it.

Esteemed Contributor
H- Pur by Isomers. Only ONE Pure active ingredient - Hyloronic with two different size molecular size, for top and deep skin penetration. Perfect!
Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz

Thank you very much for your reply. I don't know what to think. I wonder if my body chemistry has something to do with my results. I just don't know and find it perplexing. But, I will give it another go around. Maybe something will have changed. We'll see. 

Honored Contributor

@goldensrbest...I’ll throw my recommendation into the mix.  Paula’s Choice makes a great HA. I’ve been using it now for 1 1/2 years and really like it. I recently ran out & didn’t have an extra one in my stash & I can tell a difference in my skin. It simply doesn’t feel as hydrated.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

My skin can't tolerate just HA all alone. It makes my skin extremely dry because of the dry environment in which I live. That kind of dry air will cause the HA to draw moisture from my skin rather from surrounding air because there is not enough moisture in the air. If I use HA it has to be in combination with a moisturizer or use a HA serum which contains some kind of emollient, for example, like glycerin.