Frequent Contributor

This is not hyaluronic acid, but the dr. Denese hydroshield serum has done wonders for my skin.  Plumps it up and helps with my forehead wrinkles.  I have used the ordinary ha serum- good for the price.

Esteemed Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

Hada Labo. Inexpensive and the best of the best. It works great.

@Porcelain 

Wherever did you find this line? I'm intrigued!

What other items are you using from HL?

Are you doing the patting/massage method of application?

(I've been patting ever since I learned of this.)

I can't say I need anything, but I like to try new things, and now this is on my list! Thanks for the rec!

Honored Contributor

@Harpa wrote:

@Porcelain wrote:

Hada Labo. Inexpensive and the best of the best. It works great.

@Porcelain 

Wherever did you find this line? I'm intrigued!

What other items are you using from HL?

Are you doing the patting/massage method of application?

(I've been patting ever since I learned of this.)

I can't say I need anything, but I like to try new things, and now this is on my list! Thanks for the rec!

Thank you for asking! I love this topic. I'm only using their hyaluronic acid serum. The one I use is the premium version and has 5 forms of hyaluronic acid of varying sizes in it. It's called, "Rohto Hadalabo Gokujyun Premium Hyaluronic Acid Lotion." It's not actually a lotion, just a gel.

I heard about it a long while ago on skincare forums and blogs. Can't pinpoint exactly which one was the first. I get it from Amazon and it lasts for ages. It's popular enough that you can easily get it on Prime and don't have to order it direct from Japan or anything like that.

How I use it: After misting with my NeoGenesis mist, to make sure there's enhanced moisture for the HA and glycerine to interact with, I put the Hado Labo on as my first serum. Just with my hands as usual, a bit of spreading and then patting. The gel is more thick than watery. But I think that because of its function and ingredients, it can be an exception to the "thin to thick" rule. Then I put a few peptide-type active serums on top. Besides providing a humectant base for my moisturizer to seal in later, I think it helps the other serums absorb better due to the penetration agents that are in it.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Regular Contributor

Re: Hyaluronic Acid serum? UPDATE.....

UPDATE

First of all I would like to thank everyone who took the time to answer my post. I really appreciate you suggestions. I have been looking into the products you suggested plus I found additional HA products.

To answer the question about taking supplements of HA...I can't because I have kidney problems and I have to watch what I take into my body. 

Right now I am using Lancome skincare but my progress has been really slowplus it really expense even tho I get most of it on HSN.

I used Dr Denese products years ago and really didn't think about her Hydroshield but I will look at it.

Okay here is what I found so far....

First of all you have to read the ingredient list to see if the product has  HA in it and where it is located in the list since the lower it is the weaker it is.

I didn't realize how many other products can be in the HA serum....Vitamin C and B..Retnyl products, alcohol, fragrance just to name a few.

TImeless skincare is very interesting and the price on their products are really good and  they have a very good selection. I highly suggest if you have the time and interested in what sounds like excellent products take a look on their website....Timeless.com

The two HA rated very high by dermatologists for  a"pure" HA a serum if there is really one are The Ordinary Hyaluronic Serum available at Ulta $6.80 and Pestle and Mortar Pure Hyaluronic Acid $59.00. With The Ordinary there are additional Serums and with Pestle  and Mortar you can get a hyaluronic moisturizer $66.00. 

The ones rated quite high on the Internet were Kiehls and Tatcha.  Of course these two

can get quite expensive since there are quite a few other products that go along with them. If you go to the Tatcha website you can purchase travel sizes for quite a few of their products if you just want to try them but this can get expensive too.

I did take a look at Amazon at the HADA LADO ( I think that's the name} and it got very good reviews $10.00 however some people were complaining that the products coming half empty but that has been a long time complaint on Amazon.

Another product that kept coming  up were products from YEOUTH This line of products got excellent reviews and the HA serum came in at $22.00.

Another excellent and I mean excellent line were products from NO.7.  I know I have seen them at Walmart and  Ulta.  The one product that caught my attention was the Line Correcting serum. You apply this product directly on your lines and wrinkles  and it has been getting rave reviews on softening up lines and wrinkles. Quite a few said they saw a difference within a week.

I did find out from all these product's that the HA are an excellent product and IMO are worth adding to your skincare program.  All of you gave me a lot to think about and I hope you found all this information interesting.  I would love to hear more comments if you have the time, I am always interested in additional hyalronic products.

Once again many thanks....

MarceeS

Frequent Contributor

Should you use HA if you are in AC most of the day?  Since AC eliminates humidity, would my skin become more dry?  I have mature dry skin and always looking for something to hydrate it.