Esteemed Contributor

I trimmed my husband's hair yesterday with scissors...suffice it to say it didn't go well.😵

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

@cw88 wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

I gave my Dad a haircut when I was a little itty-bitty one day.  He nodded off in the rocking chair before having to go to work (2nd shift) and my Mother was working days.  Me and my Lucky, my Shepherd-Collie, were sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for him to awaken.

Poor Daddy, when he awoke I explained what I had done for him - I was quite proud!  The poor man took it well - he thanked me for doing a good job; somehow those scissors disappeared. never to be found, and a nice plastic pair had taken its place.

P.S.  I didn't get a tip, though........

I made little braids in my Dad's hair while he was napping in the chair one day when I was a toddler.  He woke up, walked up the street for the newspaper, met all his buddies who didn't say a word to him, came home, saw himself in the mirror and he wasn't in a good mood! No tip for me, either!

Great minds think alike - right, @cw88 !Woman LOL  And our Dads had something in common also!!!

Trusted Contributor
@MoJoV, my DH won't let me near his hair with scissors or clippers! Thank goodness he's going to his barber on Wednesday morning! Barbershop and salons open tomorrow and I have my appointment all set for tomorrow!! I figure now, when businesses are just re-opening, everything will be really clean and well sanitized and guidelines will be strictly followed so this is probably the "safest" time for hair services.
Sorry things didn't go too well with your DH's haircut!!!😞
Respected Contributor

Our salons are not open in PA either. My son bought a set of clippers and watch a YouTube how to cut his hair. He did a great job so he then did his 5 year old son. Both  seriously look like they had a professional cut their hair. I will suffer until our salons open. Won't attempt to do my own. 

Honored Contributor

Good for you!  Thank of the money he'll save by not going to the barber each month; it adds up!

Honored Contributor

I've always cut my husbands hair. Been doing it for years! 

"Pure Michigan"