Super Contributor

In our state all salons are now open while Infection rates are climbing every day.  In a town of 85,000 we have over 30 new cases every day.  No salons for us.  So yesterday I gave dear hubby a full hair cut.  I watched several YouTube instructinal videos and had ordered quality hair clippers.  To be honest, I was scared and so was my husband.  It turned out great.  Better than some of the cuts from his usual barber.  Hubby was so impressed that he gave me a $20 tip and said I was an artist.  Having been married for 40 years that says a lot.  I think he will let me cut his hair form now on.

Super Contributor

Forgot - I did a business cut (on YouTube)  used clippers and scissors.  Heck I impressed myself. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you! You deserve to be proud of yourself. Maybe you ought to have him pass the word around to his friends and neighbors.......earn a little $$$ for yourself. Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@TW 

Congratulations

Keep charging him!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

TW, I started to cut my dh's hair probably 10-12 years ago. I watched a video & the first try wasn't too bad.  He doesn't have a lot of hair and he tells me "it will grow back.". After 50 years of marriage, I am waiting for my tip.  Lol. Heck, we are still waiting to go out for a nice dinner because we went on house arrest ( March 14th) the night before our 50th wedding anniversary.  

Honored Contributor

@TW    Only if the $20 tips keep coming!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@TW I've been doing my husband's hair for several years.  It's really easy with good clippers and the one we have has many different sized attachments (the key to a good cut!)

Esteemed Contributor

I gave my Dad a haircut when I was a little itty-bitty one day.  He nodded off in the rocking chair before having to go to work (2nd shift) and my Mother was working days.  Me and my Lucky, my Shepherd-Collie, were sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for him to awaken.

Poor Daddy, when he awoke I explained what I had done for him - I was quite proud!  The poor man took it well - he thanked me for doing a good job; somehow those scissors disappeared. never to be found, and a nice plastic pair had taken its place.

P.S.  I didn't get a tip, though........

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@TW wrote:

In our state all salons are now open while Infection rates are climbing every day.  In a town of 85,000 we have over 30 new cases every day.  No salons for us.  So yesterday I gave dear hubby a full hair cut.  I watched several YouTube instructinal videos and had ordered quality hair clippers.  To be honest, I was scared and so was my husband.  It turned out great.  Better than some of the cuts from his usual barber.  Hubby was so impressed that he gave me a $20 tip and said I was an artist.  Having been married for 40 years that says a lot.  I think he will let me cut his hair form now on.

That's awesome! Heart

I'm so happy for both of you. Smiley Happy

My husband and I were talking about getting haircuts too, right before we had to go on "Safer-At-Home." It's too bad that we didn't get to go for them.

For me, it's not so bad because I wear my hair long and I can get by without getting my hair cut for awhile.

For him, his hair grows fast and he's used to wearing it really short. 

He asked me to cut it for him if he got one of those grooming kits with the multiple clipping/trimming blades that you can put on the groomer/clipper. 

I said that I would do it, so now we're just waiting for it to arrive in the mail. 

I didn't think of checking out YouTube Videos for instructions and ideas, so thanks for that! 

I have trimmed his hair in the past for touch-ups, but not for some time. 

Regular Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

I gave my Dad a haircut when I was a little itty-bitty one day.  He nodded off in the rocking chair before having to go to work (2nd shift) and my Mother was working days.  Me and my Lucky, my Shepherd-Collie, were sitting on the kitchen floor waiting for him to awaken.

Poor Daddy, when he awoke I explained what I had done for him - I was quite proud!  The poor man took it well - he thanked me for doing a good job; somehow those scissors disappeared. never to be found, and a nice plastic pair had taken its place.

P.S.  I didn't get a tip, though........

I made little braids in my Dad's hair while he was napping in the chair one day when I was a toddler.  He woke up, walked up the street for the newspaper, met all his buddies who didn't say a word to him, came home, saw himself in the mirror and he wasn't in a good mood! No tip for me, either!