Respected Contributor

Re: Huge Huge Brow product rave

I've used Anastasia for years in dark brown, (it comes in many colors) and I love it.

Just might try Stila next time.  Thanks for the recommendation.   

Honored Contributor

I'm still shocked that you received so much help from an Ulta employee!Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

I'm always on the hunt for a great eyebrow ~anything~ and color is my problem as well.

I'm a gold blonde with light brown eyebrows with NO red.  Everything for some reason has a little red in it or it's too brown and dark....  I'm going over to Sephora or Ultra website and see what I can find... THANK YOU! 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

Andreatoo, our Ulta is super nice. I hear so many talk about bad experiences at an Ulta but I have never had one at this one which is the only one in our area.

Both of these clerks were super nice. When BE first brought out their serum foundation I went there to get color matched and was helped a lot at that time as well even though I told them I was ordering a TSV from QVC with this serum foundation but had no idea what color to get. I ended up with bare shell which is a perfect match for me BUT, after using both the Mally defender bb foundation than trying the L 'Oreal lumi I find I like both of these a lot better than the BE serum foundation and since they both look almost identical on me I lean a bit more toward the L'Oreal tru match lumi in 3n simply for a little(tiny) glow which I prefer over the matte finish of Mally defender bb. Also I love being able to find a product and I just go and purchase without having to order and pay S&H.

Maybe some Ulta's aren't as friendly or maybe some of the customers come off a bit forward/pushy or something, don't know but do know at this Ulta they are super nice or so I have found anytime I go in.

Respected Contributor

@Q4u wrote:

I'm always on the hunt for a great eyebrow ~anything~ and color is my problem as well.

I'm a gold blonde with light brown eyebrows with NO red.  Everything for some reason has a little red in it or it's too brown and dark....  I'm going over to Sephora or Ultra website and see what I can find... THANK YOU! 

You may be as surprised as I was having very dark almost black brows that this light is perfect for me. The taupe, brown and brunette in LG brow marker all showed a red cast on me as well. The charcoal was the best for me in the LG but not perfect.

I can't believe this light in the Stila is such a great match for me.

If you are close to an Ulta go in and have them put it on you, may be surprised PLUS it looks so natural, really like little hairs which I don't have but sure looks like I do, love this.

She had some kind of gel stuff she took each color off before applying the next one and really took her time. You wouldn't believe how reddish they looked on me.

I guess we are all different and red may not show up on everyone but in all but the charcoal they did on me, not this in light, perfect.

I can do this really  fast now, no time at all and my brows look perfect for not having any tails but they sure look like I do now.

Esteemed Contributor

Doglover,thank you so much for the Stila brow marker review. I need that!  Used LG brow marker but hear that has changed. I have used Stila eyeliner pencils,loved them. On my way to Ulta!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Valued Contributor

I actually have found using several products works best for me, do not be afraid to mix it up.

Respected Contributor

@MoJoV wrote:

Doglover,thank you so much for the Stila brow marker review. I need that!  Used LG brow marker but hear that has changed. I have used Stila eyeliner pencils,loved them. On my way to Ulta!!

from reviews I have heard a lot say they liked the LG brow marker when it was a single tip instead of this new tri tip. I don't know being I never tried either but went to Ulta to try her tri tip one.

I was very happy the clerk suggested this over over that one, very happy with this one. I love the color, love how easy it goes on and also love how natural it looks.

this gives me the best looking brows I have had since I was in high school.

This is my first Stila product so glad to hear you like some of their other things.

Trusted Contributor

@doglover3 wrote:

I too have no tails and is why a wax or gel doesn't work for me, nothing for them to adhere to. I tried a mousse from both tarte and two faced(best of the two) and while the two faced was the best product so far it still wasn't perfect. Like pencils, some were good but not great and none natural looking.

On a whim I wanted to try the LG brow marker till I saw the colors on me. I was very happy when the clerk suggested and used this one on me. I have never used any Stila before so wouldn't have even looked at this one.

So glad I did. I love it, goes on so easy, stays till I wash it off 12 or 14 hours later plus my brows are soft to the touch(what I have, no tails).This one really looks like little hairs even where they aren't any.

anyone looking for a new product do give this one a try.

THanks for this info @doglover3, I have issues with no tails too - either they are turning gray or I've lost the hairs, or both. I've been using Trish McEvoy's Precision Brow but it is pretty expensive and I go through a pencil pretty fast. Plus, lately, I don't think the tails I've drawn look natural although I used to think that they did - go figure...  So I'd like to find an alternative product and will definitely check out Stila the next time I am at Ulta.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

the LG tri tip brow marker also gets very good reviews and is what I went to pick up. I would have gotten that had if she had a color that looked good on me. All her browns gave a sort of reddish tint to my brows which I don't have, no red in mine what I have.

the charcoal looked the best and is what I would have got if the clerk hadn't put this on me.

I will say the LG did look pretty good too in charcoal but the clerk there said no, she thought this in light looked better for me so is what I got and does look very natural.

read reviews on teh LG tri tip brow marker before you decide.