Honored Contributor

I got my samples today.  I ordered from two different eBay sellers so I'd be sure the fragrance is correct.  It's fine.  It's nothing new and nothing that would ever be a signature scent.  I've smelled scents like this before and I did detect that medicinal smell before dry down.  I won't throw away my samples but I won't order the retail bottle either.  Wish I could remember which fragrance smells almost exactly like this one.  Don't detect the pink pepper.  If I smelled this on someone else, I'd like it.  I like it on myself but I'm looking for something to knock my socks off and this isn't it.

Respected Contributor

Good Morning @monicakm  I think your talking about Kayali Sweet Diamond Pepper right? I gag with anything that smells medicinal or animalic. Its been discribed giving the same vibe as Lancome Oud Bouquet which I have & no medicinal scent at all.

Did you get the sample of Vanilla 28 & if so what were your thoughts on that one? I love to layer that one the best when I want a vanilla in a floral scent.

I do want to purchase the New Kayali Utopia Vanilla Coco 21 & will wait until they carry it in-store at Sephora. I prefer a not heavily scented Coconut beachy scent (which I only wear in the heat) & this one is discribed as a well blended white floral creamy (not synthetic) Coconut. I am running low on my TF eau de soleil blanc & want to try Kayali's. Who know I just might blind purchase if I find out its limited.

Honored Contributor

Talk about confusion Smiley Sad  What I have and have on is the Pink Pepper.  Slept in it last night.  I might be re-thinking it but it's too generic at first.  It has proven to dry down to a scent I like but at that point, the sillage sits way to close to the body for anyone else to enjoy.  The Vanilla 28 was supposed to be here the same day.  Sometimes my mail lady misses something and comes back later which is what I expected her to do.  She didn't and now I see it's still in Dallas.

I enjoy layering scents too.  My very favorite two scents that got compliments and questions and head turns was EL Beautiful and Comptiour Sud Pacific's Vanille Abricot.  The two scents couldn't have been more different but together they were wowza Smiley Happy

The Utopia Vanilla Coco sounds incredible!  Keeping my eye on this one too.  Tom Ford...sigh.  I'm using my Oud Wood so sparingly that it will probably go bad before I finish it Smiley Surprised  When I am out, I will gladly skip a few meals to pay for another bottle if I have to!

Honored Contributor

@Kabella 

The eBay Vanilla 28 sample is the one that should be here this morning.  I forgot and just ordered the 1.7oz bottle from Sephora Smiley Surprised.  I don't know if they'll be getting it INstore.  Do they normally get things instore after they sell "online only" for awhile?  I know I could have gotten 2x the amt for 38$ more but if I like this, I might consider Vanilla Coco 21 too.  ALL the sample sizes are sold out on Sephora.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I am glad you purchased 1.7 oz. You will love that as a layering scent.

Actually, most of my scents do not come from Sephora so I do not know if online purchases only eventually come into their stores. I am still in Orlando without looking from memory, I have around 10 perfumes from Sephora which I got samples in-store before purchasing. Others I have are from dept. stores & the Niche Fragrances that I do have.... bought samples before purchasing on a on-line Niche brand site. My HB has gifted me most of the them.

I have a 3 scents with a Coconut note...  one is a like which is TF eau de solei blanc & 2 that I love but both of them are very difficult to purchase but there out there but not in the states.

2 of my HG's are Guerlain Terracotta Le Parfum (I am on my 3rd & last bottle) & M.Micaleff Ylang in Gold. I had EL Bronze Godess edp but only lasted for a min. I did test a sample of D&G garden but did not like it. I also tested Aerin hibiscus Palm & loved but that one I probably will buy when my Terracotta runs out. I do want Kayali Utopia vanilla coco but looks as if I will have to blind buy.