Honored Contributor

How to line your eyes based on eye type-does anyone find this to be true?

Honored Contributor

Re: How to line your eyes based on eye type-does anyone find this to be true?

I have almond shape eyes and usually don't line all the way to the inner corner like it suggests. I need to experiment and see if doing it the way they show vs what I usually do makes a difference.

Honored Contributor

I have almond shaped as well, I will have to give this a try and see how I like it!

Honored Contributor

every eye is identical! Just different eyeliner appliction.

Show me some real downturn/upturn/hound eyes so I can (see what the heck that is) get an idea of how it works..

Respected Contributor

I'll be danged if I can see any difference in eye shapes in that graphic.  They all look the same to me.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

There's only so much you can illustrate with graphics. If you "google" "pics of hooded eyes," you'll see a million of them. I also found a picture of "downturned eyes."

But really, I see people every day with these different eye shapes and variations thereof.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

Hmmm....what do you do if you have small, hooded eyes that turn downward?  

I usually do a little upturn of eyeliner on the outside of my eye to make me look more awake and lift my eye a little.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

There's only so much you can illustrate with graphics. If you "google" "pics of hooded eyes," you'll see a million of them. I also found a picture of "downturned eyes."

But really, I see people every day with these different eye shapes and variations thereof.

no doubt! This was to demo how the eyeliner should look going on, not focus on the eyeshape per se. I can't believe people are so focused on that, lol!. I think we all know what a hooded, almond, round, downturned eye looks like, etc.Most people know what kind of eyes they have by now.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

no doubt! This was to demo how the eyeliner should look going on, not focus on the eyeshape per se. I can't believe people are so focused on that, lol!. I think we all know what a hooded, almond, round, downturned eye looks like, etc.Most people know what kind of eyes they have by now.

No one is faulting you Happy; only making the point that if you're illustrating certain types of eyes why not start with that type and then line accordingly? (and I really am baffled at some of the descriptions)

Honored Contributor

Huh.......where's the hollow (sunken) suggestion?

♥Surface of the Sun♥