Honored Contributor

Re: How to get rid of ""early"" age spots on hands (I do use Dr D's Pads on them already)

There are products in those spot remover products that have been proven to be carcinogens. I will keep my spots , thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: How to get rid of ""early"" age spots on hands (I do use Dr D's Pads on them already)

On 6/25/2014 happy housewife said:

There are products in those spot remover products that have been proven to be carcinogens. I will keep my spots , thank you.

I'm looking for something more "natural" I do my best to avoid harsh chemicals. I use a lot of Ava Andrerson Non-Toxic items and some from Etsy as well. There has got to be something natural that will "help" maybe not a miracle or it may take longer but that is ok.

SPF is a carcinogen too!

Honored Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Irishrose136 said:
On 6/24/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Any product with Hydroquinone (the higher the better will work) such as Ambi (sold at Target). HQ and a retinol product would work much better. Also you can try a lactic or gycolic peel on them at night. ASDM has several inexpensive ones on their site or ebay. I am big into looking over Korean products for lightening because I have vitiligo. They have many products with natural lightening properties such as roots, berries and flowers. I have one for my hands and arms that I use that smells really nice. Page me if you want any further info because I can do some searching for you also I can recommend sellers that have been very trustworthy. Also, carry a tube or wipes of sunscreen in the car or your purse.

Basically I'm trying to keep from getting further spots on my arms and keep the existing ones as light as I can. It isn't serious enough to consider retinol. And I've heard HQ use should be limited to so many weeks.

I would be interested in a lactic or glycoli pad or cream for my lower arms and back of my hands.

(I did buy sunscreen this year. And an extra to have in the car.)

You should not keep sunscreen in a car. When it gets hot, it can degrade and then won't be effective or as effective when you put it on. I keep mine at home, at my office desk, and in my purse.

Also, you really should apply sunscreen 30 minutes before you get sun exposure. If you wait to until you get to the car to put it on, it won't be as effective. It's better than nothing, but if you put sunscreen on at the last minute AND it's been left out in the heat, it's not going to work and you'll be wondering why.

Super Contributor

On 6/25/2014 Sandgirl said:
On 6/25/2014 happy housewife said:

I'm looking for something more "natural" I do my best to avoid harsh chemicals. I use a lot of Ava Andrerson Non-Toxic items and some from Etsy as well. There has got to be something natural that will "help" maybe not a miracle or it may take longer but that is ok.

SPF is a carcinogen too!

Here is info on a Korean Product that I have for my hands and arms....

Etude House Moistfull White Spot Treatment

<h3> Moistfull White Spot Treatment is formulated with Baobab Tree, Niacinamide and Rose Hip Oil to supply brightening moisture care. Spot Treatment cream directly targets dark spots to brighten and balance out skin tone.

- 30ml Tube
</h3>
- Will not clog pores, non-comedogenic
- Protects & moisturizes
- Covers skin tone even to lighten the dark spot.
- Rich texture covers and shield skin for better protection.
- Provides moisture for a glowing skin.

Etude House BB Blemish Balm Cream from Korea is considered one of the finest skin lightening and whitening product on the Market. It works on virtually all skin discoloration problems.

Age spots will begin to lessen and the skin will take on a healthy and youthful appearance. BB Cream skin whitening products do not contain hydroquinone or mercury.

BB Cream products are botanically based, safe, natural, gentle and are especially effective on skin blemishes and freckles. Its advanced non-greasy formula keeps the skin clear, moisturized and soft, helping to protect and prevent spots.

Directions:
Dispense onto finger and apply directly to complexion spots and freckles

Ingredients:
Water, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Poly (C6-14 Olefin), Cetaryl Alcohol, Glycerin, Behenyl Alcohol, Hydrogenated Olive Oil Lauryl Esters, Niacinamide, Pentaerythrityl Tetraethylhexanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG-100 Stearate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Adansonia Digitata Fruit Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-40 Stearate, Polyacrylate-13, Polyisobutene, Xanthan Gum, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 20, Sodium Hyaluronate, Hydrolyzed Conchiolin Protein, Disodium Edta, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance
Valued Contributor

On 6/24/2014 Katluvr58 said:

Any product with Hydroquinone (the higher the better will work) such as Ambi (sold at Target). HQ and a retinol product would work much better. Also you can try a lactic or gycolic peel on them at night. ASDM has several inexpensive ones on their site or ebay. I am big into looking over Korean products for lightening because I have vitiligo. They have many products with natural lightening properties such as roots, berries and flowers. I have one for my hands and arms that I use that smells really nice. Page me if you want any further info because I can do some searching for you also I can recommend sellers that have been very trustworthy. Also, carry a tube or wipes of sunscreen in the car or your purse.