Trusted Contributor

How to get red hair dye out of shower stall?

Someone recently posted about Lush product staining their tub. I have a problem with red hair dye that was left on the interior of a shower stall, staining the white part. I've tried it all, nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Honored Contributor

Re: How to get red hair dye out of shower stall?

I do not know the answer to your question but I hope someone can answer.  I have had that issue with my toilet seat.  I needed to use the toilet when i was coloring my hair.  When I got up from the seat, I turned to flush and not having seen it drop, a "plop" of red got onto the seat which I have been unable to remove with vinegar, peroxid or even later clorox. 

Mine is not as serious as yours.  Mine is a removable toilet seat but I still wish I did not have to change the darn thing out.  I hope you get the right answer which will work for your shower stall.

Trusted Contributor

try mr.clean cleaning pads. the white ones, they take it off my counter when i rinse my hair and get slats on top.
Honored Contributor

Clorox spray cleaner works for me all the time

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Back in da day when I use to dye my hair......

Take pure liquid bleach. Pour it on the dye stains on the sink and/or tub. DO NOT dilute the bleach. Let it stand for 30+ minutes and the dye will be completely gone!

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

Have you tried Hydogen peroxide ?

Contributor

This happens to me on occasion with my med brown hair dye.  Try magic erasers or chlorox bleach pen if it is small spots.  It stays put so you can let it soak.  Hope you find a solution.

Occasional Contributor

Try Hydrogen Peroxide and Bragg's Raw Apple Cider Vineger with The Mother (try together). Helped clean my caked up humidifier. Careful, it bubbles up to a foam. Let sit for a bit. It stinks but works.

Respected Contributor

Oven cleaner believe it or not is the best shower cleaner ever.