Contributor

How to 'baby' your skin after a reaction?

Hi Ladies! I posted on Wednesday about having a pretty bad allergic reaction (most likely to a moisturizer) on my face. I got a cortisone shot and a steroid cream and it has significantly improved. For those that are sensitive- I wanted to see if there is anything specific you do to 'baby' your skin for a while after it has had a reaction. Not to make it go away- just to kind of take extra care and caution with it for a while until it is completely back to normal. Initially, it sounds great to just let it go bare- but if I don't apply moisturizer, my dry skin gets tight and flaky. And I have to wear makeup (I'm sure most of you are with my on this)- I don't use foundation, just a light dusting of bronzer and some blush. Some of the salon/spas have facials specifically for rosacea, post-sun burn skin, etc... I was wondering if this may be a good idea to look into in the next few days, just to help calm and speed up repair on my skin... or if I should just keep using the same cleanser/moisturizer combo that has always been safe for my skin. I did get the Cetaphil rec's on my other post, but Cetaphil clogs my pores.

Thanks for any responses!