Super Contributor

How old is your skin???....You can find out!

Thought there would be some beauties interested in this.

I am going to give this a try.

https://youtu.be/LkaggOqfS60

ASLTW

Honored Contributor

Re: How old is your skin???....You can find out!

Interesting. Mine came up as 7 years younger than I am, which pretty much tracks with what people have told me most of my life. I spent a lot of time outdoors in my childhood through my 20s and was good about sunscreen on my face, but less so on my extremities. My hands and arms would probably put me on the other side and say I was 7 years older. Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Super Contributor

Old.

So am I.

Valued Contributor

I tried it and I don't believe it. I am 60 it said my skin age was 46. Now I do take extermely good care of my skin, I have injections, I use chemical peels, I use, I use, I use products, but I find it hard to believe my skin could look that much younger.

Esteemed Contributor

Is it an app?  If so, which one?  I can't watch the youtube video now.  I did one a few years ago and I think it was pretty accurate.  Unfortunately it came up that my skin is quite a bit older than I actually am.  I believe it as I grew up at the beach in the 70's, zero sunscreen and an ex-smoker.  Plus I can't sue retin A; my skin won't tolerate it.  So even though I have taken good care of my skin from 30s on, it was too little, too late. 

Valued Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

Is it an app?  If so, which one?  I can't watch the youtube video now.  I did one a few years ago and I think it was pretty accurate.  Unfortunately it came up that my skin is quite a bit older than I actually am.  I believe it as I grew up at the beach in the 70's, zero sunscreen and an ex-smoker.  Plus I can't sue retin A; my skin won't tolerate it.  So even though I have taken good care of my skin from 30s on, it was too little, too late. 

Take the link in the original post and put it into your phone or ipad. You will take a self picture answer a few questions and it gives your skin age. Very easy.

Trusted Contributor

Hey @Wsmom...just google Olay skin advisor...I got 45 (I am 48) and it shows areas you need to improve...I then used some concealer to disguise those areas...crows feet,etc (for fun) and second time I was 44...guess I needed to go a bit heavier with the makeup Woman LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Krissy_1968 and @granny me!

Honored Contributor

I am 61. It said my skin age was 50.  My best area was my forehead. Thanks to using argirelne( spelling..) by isomers for the past 15 years and  using sun glasses rain Or shine.  No Botox required.

Respected Contributor

I dont own a cell phone and have never taken a selfie with one.

I'll have to use the old-fashioned method-datime/sunlight and a mirror-the horror!