Respected Contributor

Re: How often do you have your HAIR cut?

My average is six to eight weeks. I trim the the front. Six is best now that my hair is short.

Valued Contributor

I cut my own hair - since I have Vertigo, I cannot lean back to have it washed.  And it saves me lots of money.   Haven't cut my hair now for the past 5 months since I am letting it grow.    

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When my hair was super short I would go about every 6 weeks for a tuneup.  

I have let my hair grow out the last three years now  and let it go natural silver grey ( NO MORE TOXIC DYES FOR ME!) My hair is now well past my shoulders.  I trim the ends myself every few months....but other than that, quit going for hair cuts.  Save money  on the $50 cut and $10 tip for basically the hair dresser doing  nothing. 

Respected Contributor

I wear a short fade and get it cut at least once a month.  Every three weeks is even better. This time it’s been five weeks and it is starting to look ratty. 

Honored Contributor

Now I don't feel alone in getting my hair cut often.  It really is a shame what salons charge for coloring today and haircuts.  When I colored my hair in my 40's it was $45 for a single process but today it is probably double or close to it.  I personally do not have time for long hair so I wear it short because it is so easy to take care of.  I enjoyed reading all your comments.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Frequent Contributor

I go every 4 weeks for root color and she trims it every other appt, so evey 8 weeks.

Robin~

Valued Contributor

I get my hair trimmed about every 10 weeks.  It is a couple of inches past my shoulders.  It is very slow growing.

I do root touch-ups every month and full head color twice a year.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have a kind of longish pixie and get it cut every 6 weeks.  I used to go every 4 weeks, but it seemed to get shorter with each cut.  I think she was cutting off more than had grown out in the 4 weeks time.  Six weeks is working out better for me.  My hair is baby fine, thin, and poker straight, so a good haircut is essential for me.  I do my own manis and pedis, so the money I save goes towards haircuts.  I'm fortunate not to need color - graying in my family comes very, very late.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

I get my hair trimmed every 12 weeks.  It is a bit longer than the top of my shoulders.

Honored Contributor

Since I started to get my hair colored at the salon, I go every 8 weeks. Before than I would go every 12 weeks!