Honored Contributor

Re: How often do you get a pedi?

About once a month.  I do my own manicures every 5-7 days.  (Never had a pedi until I was close to 60)

Honored Contributor

I do my own foot care, but I can tell you that the norm is about once a month in the summertime when toes are showing. Every two weeks is not necessary for feet.

If you are a diabetic, please be careful.  Many, many women have gotten a serious infection getting nails and toes done.

The technician should be sterilizing every thing in between clients and some items that cannot be sterilized should not  be used on multiple clients. Many do not.

You also should not allow the tech to cut calluses or cuticles. Not ever!

Honored Contributor

In the winter months when I don't wear sandals; I get a professional pedi every 6 weeks but I don't get polish on my toe nails.  I can maintain my feet myself between visits.  In the summer months when I need pretty feet, I get a pedi every 3rd week.  However, since I had knee replacement surgery 10 days ago, I probably won't get a pedi until April or May.  

Honored Contributor

I do it myself ... trim my toenails whenever they need it .. about once a week or so and use a nail brush on my feet a couple of times a week.  I rarely put polish on my toenails.

I don't have any callus issues.  

Respected Contributor

I get a manicure every 4 weeks.  

I get my nails done every 2-3 weeks.  It just depends..

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
@Lipstickdiva wrote:

... On top of that, I won't go to a place where you sit in a big chair and put your feet in the attached tub that has the jets.  I don't trust those to be sanitized properly. ...

Good thinking. Many aren’t and I have a toe fungus to prove it.

Edited to add OP’s name to quote.

Respected Contributor

I stopped when news stories surfaced about ladies getting staph infections from soaking their feet in unclean “tubs”. 

I do my own using a ped egg. In the summertime I update my polish regularly, in the winter I don’t wear polish. It’s healthier to not wear nail polish but during sandal weather I think it’s nicer to have nail polish on my toes. 

I have a bubbling foot bath thingy that I use sometimes. 😊

Respected Contributor

I do it myself every two weeks.  I am a runner and can't stand calluses or too long nails.

Honored Contributor

never have had either a mani or a pedi.  Would not like someone playing with my feet and hands.

Respected Contributor

@dex ...  Exactly the same for me!