Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: How much makeup do you wear?

I'm in my 60's so less is more.  I wear foundation and a modest amout of eyeshadow and liner.  I find the older I get the less I like mascara.  I actually take a tissue and wipe the excess gunk off the brush before applying mascara to my lashes.  I don't like the tarantula look.  I don't use as much blush as I once did.  Too harsh at my age.  If I'm not going to be out running around, I wear no makeup at all even though it is pretty scary.  (Ha ha) 

Honored Contributor

Never been a fan of makeup, but did wear shadow, eyeliner, blush, and powder when I worked. When I go out, I wear powder, light shadow and eyeliner.
Honored Contributor

It depends. Most days it's little to none. Today I added a drop of foundation and lumizer to my sunscreen For years I wore none at all, but I'm getting more redness as I get older.

The things is, I also know that women who do wear makeup earn more money and get promoted more often. The world loves to tell us that we don't need makeup, but they prefer us with it on.

Amy Schumer captured it perfectly in this video where a boy band sings about how "Girl, You Don't Need Makeup," until she takes her makeup off, and then the guys are horrified to see a woman without makeup and sing "Girl, you do need makeup - lots and lots of makeup." 

https://youtu.be/fyeTJVU4wVo

Honored Contributor

I work fulltime, so my Mon-Fri face is

Foundation

Blush

One shade of a neutral eyeshadow

Eyeliner-top only, usually brown

Mascara

Lipstick

Finishing Veil

My weekend look is usually just lipgloss and mascara!!!!!!! When I am nt leaving the house, its just lip balm and I go makeup free-I love letting my skin have time to breathe without anything on it!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Depends on the occasion......gardening, shopping, dining out, etc.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

When I'm home, no makeup. But when I go out, even grocery shopping, I always wear some. Since I'm older, less is definitely more. I found something in my stash, a "facial tint" that I really like. It just gives a little bit of color and luminosity. Then, its brows, mascara, concealer, blush and lipstick. I use a bit of highlighter under my brows, but no eye shadows. Then I take a damp cosmetic sponge, and blot it over my face, taking excess off and blending. Doing that makes for a more natural look on me.
Honored Contributor

@lulu2 wrote:

Just enough to make this older woman look naturally flawless.

Righteous.  :womanwink:

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@June2 wrote:
Thank-you for your responses. I find the older I get, the less makeup I use. I do think makeup is fun to play with. I used to be a makeup junky.....but always liked a natural look. Today I focus now more on just healthy skin.

Exactly.

The very basics that make everyone look more youthful are healthy hair, healthy skin, healthy teeth, healthy nails, and a healthy bod (no matter the size).

Respected Contributor

I only wear tinted lip balm. Nothing else. I would wear mascara too, if I could find one I like.
Honored Contributor

I prefer a very natural look, like this:

I'm so pretty!

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland