Honored Contributor

Re: How much makeup do you wear?

If I am staying home all day I don't wear any. But I work full time & usually have places to go to and things to do on the weekend. 

Honored Contributor

Just enough to make this older woman look naturally flawless.

Super Contributor

One of the things I have noticed the most about the vendors/hosts is that the eyeshadow is never blended out. There is always a very distinct line where the color stops. I am not sure if this is a TV thing that is necessary for film, but it is a pet peeve of mine. Blend, blend, blend!

I like to look more natural in my makeup...just a flush of blush, mascara, and lipgloss. If I wear eyeshadow, it is a light color that is blended! LOL.
Trusted Contributor

I could get away without foundation unti I was 40, then I started with Rosacea and hyper pigmentation and that was that. Now I do foundation, eyeshadow, liner and mascara. I usually do light lips or sometimes just lip balm. I'm a redhead and I look fairly awful without makeup, colorless, so I gotta do it. If my eyes had any definition I would go without I'm sure as I can be lazy. I envy people like my sisters and friends who look decent without makeup.

Honored Contributor

Up until I was about 59 I never wore foundation at all.  I started wearing a tinted moisturizer or light foundation because I have some broken capillaries (age related) and I wear a setting powder, mascara, lipstick and sometimes a light color eye shadow that opens the eye area just on the lid.  IT Cosmetics is all FULL coverage makeup so that's why it looks Jamie & her models look made up.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I think Jamie wears foundation to cover her rosacea.  If you had that condition you might wear more too.

I try to keep my makeup application light and natural but I do need some coverage.  I use a CC cream or tinted moisturizer followed by oil absorbing powder.  I use concealer as needed, under eye brightener, eyeliner on top only, neutral eye shadow, mascara, blush, and lipstick or gloss.  My brows are fair so I use a brow product to give them more color. 

I never wear makeup around the house. 

Trusted Contributor

Thank-you for your responses. I find the older I get, the less makeup I use. I do think makeup is fun to play with. I used to be a makeup junky.....but always liked a natural look. Today I focus now more on just healthy skin.
Honored Contributor

I wear eyeshadow base, 2 different shades of e/s, eyeliner on top and bottom, mascara, concealer, IT cc cream, tinted or feather light mineral veil, blush, highligher,  lip pencil, brow pencil and lipstick

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

It depends on where I am going, what I am doing.

Just everyday MU is concealer, tinted moisturizer, eyeliner, mascara, blush, and sheer lipstick or gloss. If I am going out, work related, etc., I will add eyeshadow and lip liner and maybe a finishing powder. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
TM/BB/CC/foundation (one, not all at the same time!), concealer, setting powder, blush, eyeshadow (cream, powder, or both), sometimes liner on top, ALWAYS mascara, lipstick/gloss/stain/tinted balm, and a brow product (powder, gel, pencil, etc). It depends on the day and the look I'm going for. I'll add in bronzer, highlight, contouring, etc as I see fit.