Trusted Contributor

How much makeup do you wear?

Watching the IT cosmetic vendor, I wonder if women really wear THAT much makeup? I think Jamie wears way too much. It looks rather hard and garish. I do not find it attractive . If I go out, I want my skin to look fresh, not plastered with foundation , heavy brows, spider lashes and a drawn on lip.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: How much makeup do you wear?

I think she's pretty and she may go heavier on the foundation due to her red skin. 

Coming from Los Angeles, I saw a lot of heavier application of the eye liner and mascara as well as emphasis on high color or red lipstick.  I know its the rage among the young crowd there.  It reminds me of the 60s craze of cat eyes, heavy eyeliner and long false lashes, which many are doing again.  Whats old is new again!  Woman LOL

I'm a makeup junkie and being part asian, I really spend a lot of time on my eyes, its silly but its how I am. 

I'm grateful there is a big emphasis on brows now because mine have always been dark and full so the ultra-thin look that was so popular for a while drove me crazy. 

Valued Contributor

At my age (59), I find that less is more.  I try to keep the makeup simple and natural.  I use the Tarte powder foundation on the areas of my face that need coverage which is the T zone, undereye concealer, blush, mascara and neutral eyeshadow. I use the IT brow gel but only to fill in the brows that I have, not to make them look heavy and drawn on.    A light spritz of setting spray makes it all look less "made up".   I have had many compliments on my skin, even from a very young cashier at Ulta.   

I agree that Jamie's look is on the heavily made-up side.  She's a very pretty woman and I think she'd look better with less make-up, but that's just my opinion.  Maybe they need to wear more when on TV.  I've never been on TV so I don't know! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am 66 yr old and as I age I am finding that less is more with MU. I have always preferred a more natural looking MU anyway, but now I don't want MU emphasizing my wrinkles.

Esteemed Contributor

None at all.  Seriously, I have not worn foundation a day of my life, and I'm past the 1/2 century mark.  On rare occasions I will wear eyeliner/mascara, or just mascara, but other than that it is solely lipstick or gloss (and not even all the time).

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

Antiaging foundation lightly applied, a light translucent powder, blush, and a smokey eye.

Respected Contributor

I don't always take the time, any more, to do a full makeup, but I love to do it. And, I do dress very casually, so I probably look over done when I go to Walmart or Kroger sometimes. Some days I just get started on my makeup & keep going until I have fully shaded/lined/mascara-ed lashes, blushed cheeks & colored lips. My hair & clothes don't get as much attention. I just love my makeup. LOL I also love, that they were showing the powder on some older models. I turned on the show, just to see how the makeup looked on the host. She did have on a full face of makeup, but she is selling makeup & maybe she just likes to do it, like I do.

Respected Contributor

I don't wear much makeup anymore. I usually wear a tinted sunscreen and a little blush. Sometimes I use mascara.
Honored Contributor

How much makeup or how heavy? I'll bet it sounds like I wear a lot of makeup but I use a light touch & have a pretty natural look. 

I wear foundation & concealor but the amounts vary & I don't always use foundation on my whole face. I sometimes skip foundation, too. I usually use a bit of contouring. 

I love eye makeup (It is the fun part of makeup to me!) & usually wear shadow and liner. I like the color to be subtle, not dramatic. Today I just have a nude shade that looks like no shadow at all & I'm wearing black liner on my upper lid. I'm blessed to have long, thick lashes so it takes very little mascara to make them look nice. I'm not a fan of heavy lashes like false ones give. That is not the look I want. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I'm home - which is almost 24/7/365 - none.

I like to let everything b r e a t h e...

When I'm out (errands or health appointment):  brow pencil (tails won't regrow, dangnabit!).

Sometimes with brow hilighter, mascara, shadow, top-lid liner, under-eye concealer, blush (key for me), and/or tinted lip balm or lipstick.

Only things directly on my skin:  moisturizer-sunscreen and SPF lip balm

Wearing eyeglasses full-time helps, as they sort of frame your eyes and add structure to your face, even if you have no makeup on.

I've also never worn foundation; it weirdly skeeves me out, LOL.