Trusted Contributor

Re: How much beauty products do you carry with you anf how?

The only things I carry are a blush, a lip gloss, and a small mascara.

Respected Contributor

This reminded me of a quote from the movie The Breakfast Club: Allison:" Yeah, I always carry this much sh@T in my bag. You never know when you may have to jam". I always felt the same!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Honored Contributor

A lip gloss and sunscreen sampler. I don't even carry a hair brush since my hair is up in a messy ponytail during the summer.

I make it up by carrying 24ounces of water which is heavier than most makeup bags.

it does get lighter when I consume it.

Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 HappyDaze said:

lol, one of my friend's has this huge purse in order to carry her huge makeup bag. A bag inside a bag. lol. Anyway, she pulls that makeup bag out and I swear it is like a mini Sephora in there! So crazy.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I carry lip gloss and a small brush, but I can't remember the last time I used the brush.

Honored Contributor

I have makeup bag that has my makeup, a lipstick, a mascara, a couple of bobby pins, a hair elastic and my nail file. It came with one of my Dooney bags. In my bag, I carry hand cream, purse size cologne, hand sanitizer. It sounds like a lot but I'm not frail, I'm not infirm. That's not what makes my bag heavy. My Kindle, the little flats I like to carry with me, the mail I stuff into my bag and forget to take out. That's what makes my bag heavy.

Trusted Contributor

A small brush, scent in roller ball form and a lipstick and/or gloss tucked in the inside pockets. That's it.

I used to always have a concealer cover up for old zits showing through already applied make-up or a new cropping up mid day. But no more. How freeing not to have to carry all that paraphernalia!

~Dogs are my favorite people and my favorite people are dogs.~
Super Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Tsukiko said:

Lipstick and powder is all I carry.

Same here. My eyeshadow stays on all day so all I need is a buff on my face and some color on my lips.
Super Contributor

I carry a tote in addition to my purse M-F to work. I only apply concealer and brows at home before leaving in the morning...I don't want to be seen without either, lol. I apply the rest of my makeup in my office. I carry everything in a Trish McEvoy planner...it is so convenient, LG blush, LG BB for contour, Trish McEvoy beauty card with 8 eyeshadows, tarte smoldereye liner, hourglass mascara, bite lipstick, MAC lipliner, Dalton lipgloss, Hourglass ambient powder palette, Mally poreless face defender and maybe 10 brushes (different brands). Now I don't apply everything on a daily bases, sometimes I just use the eye liner, mascara and gloss, other days a little more and if I'm going out after work then I have what I need for the evening out. Trish's planner doesn't take up a lot of space and it isn't heavy (I'm using the large pink with black lace overlay case purchased during a TM today's special on HSN).

ETA: on the weekend, I do my full face at home and only carry a lipbalm or gloss.

Super Contributor

just lip color, I never need to touch up anything else.

Honored Contributor

When I was in my 20's my shoulder/arm were bothering me and it was because of a shoulder bag that weighed too much. I learned my lesson. I purchase handbags that are lighter weight and I only carry an SPF lip balm by EOS, 2 lipsticks/shimmers and a mirror & comb.

kindness is strength