Respected Contributor

Re: How many senior guys do you know who color their hair?

@deeW wrote:

For some reason it surprises me when a man has obviously colored hair at a certain age.  I only know three that do it, and they don't readily admit to it .....not that I would ask, but it's blatantly obvious since there's not a gray hair on their head.  

Alex O'Loughlin had some gray coming in on the last season of Hawaii Five-0 and it looked fantastic. This season there's no sign of the gray and his hair is just a little too dark. It makes me sad every time I see him.

Super Contributor

My BF has always colored his hair, long before I met him, 13 years ago. He is totally gray, and has wanted to let it go natural. I won't let him! I don't like gray hair, and get my own colored. He's 53 and I'm 71. He has more gray than I do.

Respected Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

Several

Me too.  Yes, men can mess that up where it doesn't look natural, but so can women.  Psssst!  Just need a friend who offers an opinion so you can tweak it.  Lol.

Honored Contributor

I think just a little bit of gray hair on a man is okay. But for the most part, I don't like gray hair on any man. Gray-haired men are a turn off for me...always has been, even when I was young I didn't like it at all.

Honored Contributor

The only guy I knew that colored his hair was a neighbor who used to live down the street. Another neighbor wanted to talk to him. Not sure how I ended up going with her. But he was in the process of dying his hair. He had a towel around his shoulders with black dye dripping down his neck, as my neighbor was chatting away pretending nothing was happening.

Reminds me of an episode on Frasier. Martin was dating a much younger lady. So he colored his hair. I think they were at a party. And Martin was siting in a chair. When he got up the back of the cream colored chair had a large black dye stain were his head had been.

Esteemed Contributor

i think gray hair on men is very distinguishing....colored hair always looks fake....jmo..

Respected Contributor

I see a fair number of men at my salon getting hair colored.  It looks very natural because it is close to their own color and not dyed dark and obvious.  

I wonder if they are included in the folks people don't think color their hair.

Honored Contributor

None except for d-bags. 

Respected Contributor

Only the men on soap operas.No one that I know in my personal life. In fact, the other day I mentioned to my husband that a woman can color her hair as she continue to age but when an older man does it, it looks fake.

Honored Contributor

None of the men in my apt. building color their hair.  Colored hair on men is very noticeable.  I am not sure why but it looks horrible.

kindness is strength