Respected Contributor

Re: How many senior guys do you know who color their hair?

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

Travolta wears wigs. That picture shows him with a wig on. He doesn't have very much of his natural hair and is almost bald.

@SilleeMee ~ Travolta has been wearing (hair) pieces for years.  Even though he can afford the best, it's pretty obvious.  I haven't seen him for awhile, but the last photo I did see, he was au naturale.  Pretty much chrome dome, and it looks much better!

Esteemed Contributor

That I know personally?   None. 

But I see a lot of men with dyed hair on TV, etc.   It's usually obvious and snicker-worthy.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

When I was a teenager some of my friends used to think that my dad dyed his hair.  Back then when he was in his early 50s he had no gray and his hair was dark.  I had to laugh at that since my father was one of the last people who would bother to do that!

Frequent Contributor

So, what you're all saying is that I may actually know more than three guys who color their hair and I don't know it because it's done so well.  Good point.  You're right, the three I know of all use black and/or very dark brown and it's blatantly obvious.  

Honored Contributor

None personally. But what’s up with the guys who color their hair, but have grey beards? Not a fan of that look...

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Respected Contributor

I have a friend from high school who gets his comb over permed.  Very little to comb over, but he wants it to stay. LOL

Frequent Contributor

Back when my dad was in his mid 40's he and a neighbor about the same age decided to see who could grow the best beard.  My dad had really black hair and his beard came in salt and pepper and the neighbor's, who had medium brown hair, was a real dark red.  They both looked good so no one won.......and the beards didn't stay around long.

Honored Contributor

When my 75 year old father colored his graying blond hair brown, we thought he was suffering from dementia. My dad is long gone, but he's the only senior man I know who ever colored his gray hair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

No one that I know personally or am related to.  I like gray haired men.  I think they look distinguished.

Super Contributor

Zero.  My man thinks he looks ok in gray but he wants my blonde to stay.  LOL...