Frequent Contributor

Re: How many eyeshadows do you all NEED ?

Has anyone seen the Hourglass Modernist Palette ......O M G !!!!!! Barney's exclusive for now.

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 naleiarenee said:

Has anyone seen the Hourglass Modernist Palette ......O M G !!!!!! Barney's exclusive for now.

Wow, that's gorgeous!
Super Contributor

I have one color I use so only one shadow in a single container and the color is nude with yellow which makes it look like I have on no shadow.

Respected Contributor

On 10/18/2014 Joselyn33 said:

I have blue/grey eyes (sometimes they look green too - I'm weird). I used pretty much every color of eyeshadow depending on what I'm wearing and my mood.

I have blue/grey eyes too. But what I'm wearing clothes-wise often affects their color. If I wear teal or emerald green, they appear greenish blue. If I wear cobalt blue, they appear a deep blue. If I wear grey, they appear a lighter blue. I use grey,taupe,bronze shadows the most. But I also use purple/lavender, especially when I am wearing blues and purples in clothing. Eye shadows are like candy to me. I like to try different ones for shades, matte/sparkling, etc.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

I like soft and understated, so I wear only soft neutrals -- taupe, fawn, brown, grays. I have one palette with several neutral shades, and that's enough for me. I am not a makeup junkie and can't imagine having drawers-full of expensive "face stuff" stashed away.....unused, drying, crumbling. Just a silly, costly waste.

Super Contributor

On 10/18/2014 WenGirl42 said:
On 10/18/2014 naleiarenee said:

Wow, that's gorgeous!

That's interesting.

Honored Contributor

In addition to lavenders/purples/plums, and for diversity, you could get one (or more) of the other shades that also compliment and "pop" green eye color:

Taupe, bronze, copper, & gold (especially 'rose gold').

I'm also green-eyed, and find that having a small variety of shades to enhance my mood and/or style that day is fun. And variety really is the spice of life!

Best of all, there aren't too many choices, and it's more affordable having a few shadows that really flatter than a ton that don't.

Honored Contributor

I have olive eyes, and buy every shade of lavender, orchid and purple that is on the market. I probably have hundreds of them.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

On 10/18/2014 GoodStuff said:

I like soft and understated, so I wear only soft neutrals -- taupe, fawn, brown, grays. I have one palette with several neutral shades, and that's enough for me. I am not a makeup junkie and can't imagine having drawers-full of expensive "face stuff" stashed away.....unused, drying, crumbling. Just a silly, costly waste.

our enjoying our options is much more attractive than your judgemental attitude.
Super Contributor

Well, with all of the large pallets I have, I have way more than I need. I will say tho, that I've used every single color I have. Most have been used several times. Will I ever hit pan or use up a palette? I doubt it!