Super Contributor

Re: How many days do you wait to wash your hair after you color it?

Yep Margo you are correct - ROOTS!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/3/2014 castlenv said:

I don't wash my hair for 24 hours before I color it--I think that's per the instructions Revlon's Colorsilk provides. But then I use the shampoo provided immediately after coloring and make no further adjustments. Colorsilk lasts me about 6-7 weeks.

Me too, I use Colorsilk, wash immediately after coloring. Colorsilk provides a conditioner in the box, but no shampoo.

Super Contributor

On 9/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/4/2014 susan25 said:
On 9/3/2014 di-mc said:

The instructions that come with the color I use say to wash it right away. I use a product from Sally's. I recall when I had my color done at a salon, they washed it immediately.

I usually always have my hair colored at a salon. They always wash it after it has been colored.

Same here. Every six weeks I go to have my base color (and a glaze for the last few minutes). It's permanent color. It's not going to wash out.

suzyQ3,

Would you mind saying what glaze you use and how you use it? Thank you

Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 Southern Fried Chick said:
On 9/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/3/2014 di-mc said:

The instructions that come with the color I use say to wash it right away. I use a product from Sally's. I recall when I had my color done at a salon, they washed it immediately.

I usually always have my hair colored at a salon. They always wash it after it has been colored.

Same here. Every six weeks I go to have my base color (and a glaze for the last few minutes). It's permanent color. It's not going to wash out.

suzyQ3,

I wish I could. I just sit there, and my stylist applies it. I think it comes in clear and in shades. I believe she uses the brand Schwarzkopf for both the base and this glaze. I call it a glaze, but I don't know whether that's an accurate description. I know that unlike my base color, which is permanent, this is semi-permanent.

I'll ask her at my next appointment and let you know.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/3/2014 di-mc said:

suzyQ3,

I wish I could. I just sit there, and my stylist applies it. I think it comes in clear and in shades. I believe she uses the brand Schwarzkopf for both the base and this glaze. I call it a glaze, but I don't know whether that's an accurate description. I know that unlike my base color, which is permanent, this is semi-permanent.

Thank you. My stylist doesn't seem to be familiar with glazes.
Honored Contributor

On 9/6/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/4/2014 suzyQ3 said:
On 9/3/2014 di-mc said:

suzyQ3,

Thank you. My stylist doesn't seem to be familiar with glazes.

Probably because I made up that description. I don't think they are actually called that. I'll be sure to find out the details.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

Three
Contributor

I wait three days and then use a good shampoo for color-treated hair like Pureology or Altrna caviar and planning to try the TSV Alterna bamboo set.

Super Contributor

I had my hair colored on Friday and today, Sunday, it still looks just as fresh. I do have my stylist use my WEN cc when washing.

Super Contributor

2 days later