Respected Contributor

Re: How many days a week do you wear full face makeup?

i'm out a lot so i wear some makeup.  some days it's more than others depending on the mood i'm in and what i'm wearing.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love makeup and have been using it since I was about 14 or 15.  I just feel better if I have a litlle something on.  I too am retired.  I wear makeup almost every single day.  How much depends on where my day takes me.  I always wear a bit foundation, a bit of eyeshadow and liner, lipstick (I do not use lip gloss) and blush.  If I am going to be out and about punch it up a bit.  I am light complected and have dark circles and blotchy uneven skin tone.  Without makeup, I look like a ghost plus I scare animals and small children. 

Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

I'm not sure what a full face of make up is.  I wear BB cream mascara eyeliner every day. I don't work but usually go somewhere every day. But even if I don't I wear makeup. I love makeup,though I do wear less as I age.  Not fond of the Baby Jane look. Lol. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

I don't put make-up on unless I plan to go somewhere which I usually just do once or twice a week.  All I normally see are dogs and they don't care.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I love makeup and have been using it since I was about 14 or 15.  I just feel better if I have a litlle something on.  I too am retired.  I wear makeup almost every single day.  How much depends on where my day takes me.  I always wear a bit foundation, a bit of eyeshadow and liner, lipstick (I do not use lip gloss) and blush.  If I am going to be out and about punch it up a bit.  I am light complected and have dark circles and blotchy uneven skin tone.  Without makeup, I look like a ghost plus I scare animals and small children. 

Woman Sad

@KentuckyWoman...OMG you are cracking me up about scaring animals and small children.Cat LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I don't put make-up on unless I plan to go somewhere which I usually just do once or twice a week.  All I normally see are dogs and they don't care.

@Kachina624....I don't think my cats care what I look like either. Cat LOL

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since I'm homebound (no vehicle & live solo) and work from home, I don't put anything on my face except lip balm.

And my eyeglasses.  ;-)

But when I can get to an errand or appointment, I usually only add:

mascara, brow thing, blush, lip color.

Although I've been in public many times with an entirely bare face, it didn't startle anyone, LOL.

No biggie.

Yep; it is better to let your skin 'breathe' as much as possible.

And that goes for everywhere, as it's our body's largest organ.

Honored Contributor

@feline groovy wrote:

Since I'm homebound and work from home, I don't put anything on my face except lip balm.

And my eyeglasses.  ;-)

@feline groovy  It's a common misconception, but skin does not breathe.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Since I'm homebound (no vehicle & live solo) and work from home, I don't put anything on my face except lip balm.

And my eyeglasses.  ;-)

Although I've been in public many times with an entirely bare face, it didn't startle anyone, LOL.

No biggie.

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@feline groovy wrote:

Since I'm homebound and work from home, I don't put anything on my face except lip balm.

And my eyeglasses.  ;-)

Wow, JLF - hadn't heard that!

Will have to check it out.  

How's 'my' Goldenboy doing, and what's his name BTW?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I've always worn a full face of make-up 5-6 days a week. About 6 months ago my employer started allowing full-time work from home so now I hardly ever wear it. Honestly, being a make-up junkie I really miss it and look forward to the occasion (1-2x/month) that I have to go into the office. I love those extra 3 hours a day not having to commute into town but I always feel so frumpy and homely looking now. 😢

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.