Respected Contributor

How many body butters can Skinn come out with?

[ Edited ]

I only have one body. I bought the Collagenesis Creme Reverse body butter, then the Pep 40 Collagenesis body Butter and then the Collagenesis 24 hour body butter. Now he came out with a tub of Hydro Vital body butter.  How many body butters can you use and what’s the difference between them?

Honored Contributor

Re: How many body butters can Skinn come out with.

I actually think there are more than the ones you mentioned. and every one is better than the one last presented, yikes!!

Respected Contributor

Re: How many body butters can Skinn come out with?

[ Edited ]

@Shelbelle wrote:

I actually think there are more than the ones you mentioned. and every one is better than the one last presented, yikes!!

Yes, so confusing.

Honored Contributor

There is no difference.  All BB do the the exact same thing.  Some better than others, as it depends on your skin type/condition.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

There is no difference.  All BB do the the exact same thing.  Some better than others, as it depends on your skin type/condition.

You contradicted your own statement.  How can there be no difference, but some work better than others?  

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I only have one body. I bought the Collagenesis Creme Reverse body butter, then the Pep 40 Collagenesis body Butter and then the Collagenesis 24 hour body butter. Now he came out with a tub of Hydro Vital body butter.  How many body butters can you use and what’s the difference between them?

@Valstybaby  Dimitri/Skinn is in the business of making products and he has different formulas to address various needs.  It's up to the consumer to identify their concerns and read about the products, to see what suits them best.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

@Valstybaby  Dimitri/Skinn is in the business of making products and he has different formulas to address various needs.  It's up to the consumer to identify their concerns and read about the products, to see what suits them best.  

I agree - we need to understand our own personal needs and objectives. Then do research on the brands/products. 

I'm glad there are some great options. The new Skinn body creams have excellent ingredients and pricing of $40 for 16 oz jar is an excellent value. I think these are the best new Skinn products for 2018.

I have only tried/love the DWP blue label body cream. I definitely want to try the Pep40 body cream for spot treating thighs since it is formulated to treat cellulose.  Customers that have tried/use both creams highly rate them and recommend spot treatments if you want to use both.

24 hour Youth and Hydro-Vital are geared for dry skin. The 24 hour youth cream is dense and I think a good choice for someone with very dry skin and for super cold/harsh environments.  Probably a good winter cream and I'm tempted to get it as a foot cream.

I've tried the Hydro-Vital face cream. This line is geared for dry skin so I don't use it bc I don't have dry skin + prefer DWP and Pep40. Hydro-Vital is a lighter based cream, not as dense as 24 hour Youth. This would be good year round for dry skin or for those that don't like dense creams

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

I quit using Skinn for this very reason. There was always a latest and greatest product that I absolutely need to have. I ended up with lots of product that I did not need. So I left Skinn and moved on. I felt the same about serious skin care. I actually burned my face with all the "layering" of products. Now I use Masam, simple 3 step system, eye, serum and cream and it works fine. 

Honored Contributor

The blue one, the DWP body butter is the best one. It has the same peptide actives as really good skincare. All three of the Matrixyl peptides, but not the fourth Morphomics one. You can use it as a heavy face cream. I've done that several times and it worked great.

I use DWP body butter all over the body--or sometimes just on my upper half and the Pep 40 body butter on my lower half. The Pep 40 body butter contains somewhat meh peptides, contrary to what you would expect, but it has some purportedly fat slimming ingredients. Both are beautifully textured and moisturizing.

The other butters don't really interest me based on the ingredients. But to anyone who hasn't already, do get that DWP body butter. It's awesome.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

As many as people will buy.