Honored Contributor

Re: How many body butters can Skinn come out with?

@conlt wrote:

I quit using Skinn for this very reason. There was always a latest and greatest product that I absolutely need to have. I ended up with lots of product that I did not need. So I left Skinn and moved on. I felt the same about serious skin care. I actually burned my face with all the "layering" of products. Now I use Masam, simple 3 step system, eye, serum and cream and it works fine. 

M Asam also sells new and greatest products. If they don't keep evolving, they will cease to be competitive/exist.

Regardless of the brand, not everything is for everybody. If you ignore considering the new advancements and ingredients,  you are missing out!

And no one is telling you that you need everything - I think you are exaggerating Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

The blue one, the DWP body butter is the best one. It has the same peptide actives as really good skincare. All three of the Matrixyl peptides, but not the fourth Morphomics one. You can use it as a heavy face cream. I've done that several times and it worked great.

I use DWP body butter all over the body--or sometimes just on my upper half and the Pep 40 body butter on my lower half. The Pep 40 body butter contains somewhat meh peptides, contrary to what you would expect, but it has some purportedly fat slimming ingredients. Both are beautifully textured and moisturizing.

The other butters don't really interest me based on the ingredients. But to anyone who hasn't already, do get that DWP body butter. It's awesome.

D also says if you have  tight budget you can use the DWP and Pep40 body creams on your face and neck.  

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby wrote:

I only have one body. I bought the Collagenesis Creme Reverse body butter, then the Pep 40 Collagenesis body Butter and then the Collagenesis 24 hour body butter. Now he came out with a tub of Hydro Vital body butter.  How many body butters can you use and what’s the difference between them?

I am just getting overwhelmed with all Skinn"s  many SKU's.  I rarely watch any more where I really use to enjoy watching him

And what really tics me off.....As soon as I find I like something....he quits making it.  It has happened TOO many times now. I do not want new and supposedly better....I want the original formula.    The reorganize Eye balm is one of those he stopped making.  I loved it!

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Valstybaby wrote:

I only have one body. I bought the Collagenesis Creme Reverse body butter, then the Pep 40 Collagenesis body Butter and then the Collagenesis 24 hour body butter. Now he came out with a tub of Hydro Vital body butter.  How many body butters can you use and what’s the difference between them?

I am just getting overwhelmed with all Skinn"s  many SKU's.  I rarely watch any more where I really use to enjoy watching him

And what really tics me off.....As soon as I find I like something....he quits making it.  It has happened TOO many times now. I do not want new and supposedly better....I want the original formula.    The reorganize Eye balm is one of those he stopped making.  I loved it!

I agree. There's a trend on Evine where they phase out the older, heavier formulations and replace them with lighter emollients. It still seems so strange to me that the Deep Wrinkle Protocol face line is uniformly so light in texture. People with deep wrinkles are often, but not always, dry dry dry and want strong emollients.

Here's my guesstimation: I bet the beauty buyers at Evine are all under 35. They don't have big skin issues to solve. Heavy creams turn them off. So they don't buy them for the company. So we can't buy them.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Trusted Contributor

If you watch the various skin care lines on evine, they seem to have a theme for the year dictated by the buyers of course. They all come out with eye creams for 1 quarter, body butters for another quarter & so on. Of course skinn has 1 too many lines, so D crushes competition by coming with multiple body butters. I am expecting an oleo butter nextWoman LOL

Honored Contributor

I was wondering the same thing!

Faith is the strength by which a shattered world shall emerge into the light. —Helen Keller